Misti here saying hello!

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
Hi, my name is Misti Hurst and I'm ex AMA racer, writer and coach with the California Superbike School. I love chatting about riding techniques and skills and participating in great online discussions. I frequent several different forums and recently found this one so I thought I would say hello!

Cheers
Misti

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Misti Hurst and I'm ex AMA racer, writer and coach with the California Superbike School. I love chatting about riding techniques and skills and participating in great online discussions. I frequent several different forums and recently found this one so I thought I would say hello!

Cheers
Misti

Welcome to the forum.....It's gotta be a good thing, having someone with your knowledge about the place....

There are quite a few of us on this forum, that like to go to the track, and i am sure plenty of us could do with some great tips re Racing, track riding techniques!

So dont be shy, please share your knowledge where possible...

By the way, what bike do you ride on the road?

:thumbup:

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
Welcome to the forum.....It's gotta be a good thing, having someone with your knowledge about the place....

There are quite a few of us on this forum, that like to go to the track, and i am sure plenty of us could do with some great tips re Racing, track riding techniques!

So dont be shy, please share your knowledge where possible...

By the way, what bike do you ride on the road?

:thumbup:

Thanks, will do. Also, if anyone here ever has any specific questions about track riding, racing or road riding skills just ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

I don't actually have my own bike for the street, I have a Yamaha YZF250 for moto and dirt riding and if I hit the street it is usually on a bike that I am test riding. I used to have a ZX6R for the street but never rode it because I was coaching and racing and away so often.

:)
Misti

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Welcome Welcome. I also dirt bike quit a bit. Lots of fun. It's raining here in Oregon and the riding is great now. Do you agree dirt riding helps on the street?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Misti! It's an honor to have you here! I've been to your site a few times in the past. I have one of your photos save here that is used as a wallpaper on my desktop at times! :D

Thanks for coming to the forum and chatting with us! -Eric

attachment.php

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Misti!

It's an honor to have you with us and thank you much for your offering your pro experience. Dropped by your site and was very impressed and look forward to gaining insight and experience from your posts.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! and I likes that photo of you dragging some plastic around the
track, take it as an indication yer a bit of an aggressive rider :D

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: mom :D and congratulations!
I look forward to reading your contributions!
I first did KC's school in '84. Been racing at various levels ever since.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Misti! Looking forward to hearing from you!

My husband and I did the California Superbike School this past summer in Utah and that was some of the most fun we've ever had on bikes! We both learned so much!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics: (off the bike that is)...

:D

So how did you come across our little FZ6 forum and why did you join? I mean there are a gazillion motorcycle forums on the internet, so why here?

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics: (off the bike that is)...

:D

So how did you come across our little FZ6 forum and why did you join? I mean there are a gazillion motorcycle forums on the internet, so why here?

I was thinking the same thing too David, why here???

Regardless, welcome Misti, and congratulations on your new baby! They are fun, they grow and change soooo fast. :D

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't actually have my own bike for the street, I have a Yamaha YZF250 for moto and dirt riding and if I hit the street it is usually on a bike that I am test riding. I used to have a ZX6R for the street but never rode it because I was coaching and racing and away so often.

:)
Misti

"I dont' have a bike for the street because I'm too busy riding."

I want your job :)

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
I was thinking the same thing too David, why here???

Regardless, welcome Misti, and congratulations on your new baby! They are fun, they grow and change soooo fast. :D

Hahah, thanks for all the great welcomes everyone! I look forward to some great discussions here. I found this site by accident, looking around at different riding forums. I look for ones that have sections where you can discuss riding technique and skills and this particular site seemed to have an active section in that department so I joined! So far so good :)

Cheers,
Misti

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, lets begin the Q&A sessions...

1. On the track you have set braking points you use when setting up for a corner.

What are some simple methods to use on the street to gain a better feel for entering familiar and unfamiliar corners. Is there a typical "good" gear to be in upon entry? Usual road markings to use as a reference point? Any other common things found on the street we may overlook that may assist in proper cornering?

2.What practice drills do you typically apply on the street that directly come from your track/racing experience?

Thank you for any input you can provide:thumbup: