Mirrors - which other bikes use same ones?

slammer111

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what other bikes use the same mirrors (in terms of glass shape) as the 2004-2006 FZ6. For example, the 2005-2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R uses the same shaped-glass (but with a slight tint) and housings.

I'm thinking of replacing the mirrors with a tinted set. Anyone know if you can get this mirror with blue tint?

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Good ideal!

I have 03-06 R6 mirrors on my bike, they fix the problem of the stock mirrors looking like big bug antennae. I'd have to double check to be 100% sure, but I remember the glass being the exact same size and shape.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to run 06 R6 mirrors on two of my bikes and loved them. Not sure what I will do to these. I kinda want big lines like the gsx mirrors.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
did those r6 mirrors fit good? the bolts were the same size? were they off of a r6 or r6s?

Yes, they are a direct bolt-on for our bike. They were labeled as 2003-06 R6 mirrors.

They sit much lower, but extend out a little further than stock mirrors. I'm not sure if visibility is better or worse. At 6'1" the stock mirrors showed me a lot of my own shoulders, with these I see my arms more. But if I move my elbows in slightly, I get a clear view behind me.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, they are a direct bolt-on for our bike. They were labeled as 2003-06 R6 mirrors.

They sit much lower, but extend out a little further than stock mirrors. I'm not sure if visibility is better or worse. At 6'1\" the stock mirrors showed me a lot of my own shoulders, with these I see my arms more. But if I move my elbows in slightly, I get a clear view behind me.

i might give those a try! i hate how tall our stock mirrors are just kill's the sport look. if you could do me a favor? please measure how long they are, from the base to the end of the mirror? thanks bro:rockon:

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
i might give those a try! i hate how tall our stock mirrors are just kill's the sport look. if you could do me a favor? please measure how long they are, from the base to the end of the mirror? thanks bro:rockon:

~12.5", They are a bit shorter than our stock mirrors, but they sit at a much lower angle.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
~12.5\", They are a bit shorter than our stock mirrors, but they sit at a much lower angle.
ya ours just stick up too high! my girlfriend says the front of my bike looks like a bee head with those stock mirrors, she kinda right.
thank for those measurements:rockon: