Mirror extender, blind spot reduction

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Plan B is the lifesaver so you dont have a blind spot- a glance over your right shoulder (left if you drive on the wrong side of the road) will tell you what is about to overtake you in your blind spot

KCmdmn

Reaction score
Visit site
It's all well and good to recommend looking over your shoulder, but do you do that every 10-15 seconds (which is about how often I check my mirrors). I just want a clear view of what is behind me, and right now, I don't have that. I have broad shoulders, and both mirrors show my jacket sleeves more than they do what is behind me. Yes, I always look over my shoulders when changing lanes, but otherwise I keep track of what's going on behind me using my mirrors. And I hate those little convex stick-on things. Something better would be greatly appreciated.....

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have just fitted some sw-motech mirror extenders to my 08 S2 Fazer, I can now have a view of whats behind me instead of looking at my shoulders. Nicely made but way over the top price wise but they are a safety aid and look like OEM fitment. No use on the naked model though.

Cheers from sunny surrey!

Do you have pic's?

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had too big a problem with our mirrors. I've seen much worse not to mention people putting these "pig spotter" things on their bikes (or outright removing the mirrors and putting on the caps):
31fNmwjpuAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Friend of mine has those and is continuously having to turn his whole body around to see if the group is still behind him.

I was thinking how it'd be nice to stick one of the little convex adhesive mirrors on the fairing for when I'm in a tuck on the highway.

firecat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

sorry for the protracted delay in responding to your request for pictures I have been travelling on business.

I do not have any pics yet but here is the link to the site and they do have pics that illustrate them quite well. It is a long link but takes you straight through to the item. If you search by bike using the tab on the upper left of the home page you will see all items they have for the fz6.

Mirror Extension. Profile. Black. YAMAHA FZ6 Fazer (2007 -). - Mirror Extension. Profile. Black. YAMAHA FZ6 Fazer (2007 -). - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

They were very straight forward to fit, pdf download fitting instructions are available via the additional information tab.

The view is great, no more pulling in of arms to see what is behind, makes life so much easier. The only drawback is there is more movement than I remember on the standard set up. It is only really noticeable on very rough surfaces (like we have on most roads in the uk these days!!). I have decided I can live with it to gain the better rear view and the safety that bestows.

They are obviously wider so may not fullfill everyones idea of function and form. The spacers themselves are high quality and look OEM.

I hope this helps, let me know if you would like to see some actual pics of my set up and I will see what I can do.

All the best!