Mirror Alternatives...

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the US with an S2 that I'm converting into a naked, and am wondering if anyone knows how to get bar clamps for 10mm bar mirrors like those mentioned by wolf. My S2 had the mirrors mounted on the fairing, so obviously i don't have a place to just screw in the mirrors. Thanks.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That wacky windscreen is a geniune Yamaha screen available in Australia, and yes it is wacky, and yes i love it, goes well with the offset round instrument panel...plenty of room behind it to hide my GPS away from the weather, which mounts straight to it...pictures in GPS thread in Mods section.

and by the way Grommit, nice find on the mirrors. Obviously my search skills need refining! lol!

By the way, these mirrors come with reverse thread adaptors, which you will need when sourcing aftermarket mirrors for an FZ6, as Yamaha loves to make it interesting for you, using, left & right threads for each mirror. Oh yeah, and some spacers, so that you can clear your bars more easily, as these mirrors do sit quite low.

Finally, they stay put at speeds in excess of 200km/h :eek:

I purchased some of these mirrors as I like Wolfmans so much.

They are E-Marked, which means that the MOT testing station are not going to fail you.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took my new mirrors and the bike for a long ride today. They are wider than the stock items and you can bend the mirror back, where it joins the stem, to see more of whats behind you. Well impressed and they look cool as well.

Safety and style.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heads up on these mirrors, if they come loose, there is a little screw & nut under the plastic cover at the top of the stem....tightening this screw fixes any looseness, not the 12mm nuts on the stem.

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Takes two minutes. pre bent & powder coated bracket on each side that connects at the screen via two rubber mounted bolts, that screw into nuts that are prewelded to bracket. Bracket attaches via top trile clamp, and the longer bolts required to do this, come in the box.

Screen does not move, vibrate, or flex. you can adjust the angle as well, but you can only angle it down as low as top of head light assembly.

Good quality kit, especially if you want to run a GPS.

Finally i fit it yesterday... Thanks for your help... :thumbup: :thumbup:

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you like the look of it? and have you noticed much difference in where the wind blast hits you?

I love the look and yes there is a much difference in wind blast...it gives some comfortable riding and creates hiding space for high speed highway riding... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site

-PN-

Reaction score
Visit site
Will post some pictures when I get home.

Unsure why they state that they will only fit their mirrors because it's not true.

-PN-

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry it's taken me a few days. Been busy and only got chance to get the bike out this afternoon.

Mirror extender images.

DSC08874.jpg

DSC08876.jpg

Hopefully the images are self-explanatory. If not I can explain.

pt1979

Reaction score
Visit site
the original mirrors suck IMO, that's why I bought a pair of new ones at Louis (Germany's biggest bike part-dealer). they come with left/ride side-adapters so you can mount them as you like.
A pair is 40 Euro, so that's about USD 50.
Look very cool on a black FZ6 naked like mine :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the original mirrors suck IMO, that's why I bought a pair of new ones at Louis (Germany's biggest bike part-dealer). they come with left/ride side-adapters so you can mount them as you like.
A pair is 40 Euro, so that's about USD 50.
Look very cool on a black FZ6 naked like mine :thumbup:

I have had these mirrors for quite smetime,and they are much better than OEM mirrirs, but have recently discovered a pair of barend mirrors that offer even better rearwards vision....:thumbup:

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if they make a mirror for the stock location that has blinkers in them? Some of the GSXR's have them, and that would allow me to remove my front blinkers. I am tall, and I like the height of the stock mirrors. Any ideas?

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if they make a mirror for the stock location that has blinkers in them? Some of the GSXR's have them, and that would allow me to remove my front blinkers. I am tall, and I like the height of the stock mirrors. Any ideas?

here are some mirrors that will fit, led to

DennisKirk.com - Search Results