Midwest FZ6

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if there are many of you who live in the midwest area of the US...........I moved to Iowa from Michigan and I'm wondering if anybody has any roads they recommend to ride the bike on? I'm thinking areas like Minn, Wis, Missou, etc....

Thanks,
Nick

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What part of Iowa did you move to? I would rather head south than north, like Missouri as a possible riding destination, possibly the Ozarks, that's a great place to start. Not saying that Minnesota or Wisconsin isn't a great place, but the Ozarks may just have what you are looking for.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you in Iowa? If you head to the southwest corner of WI, by Prairie Du Chien, HWY US 60 from Bridgeport to Sauk City is pretty curvy. Actually any road near the Mississippi River Valley in MN or WI are pretty good. You could head more east into Wisconsin and hit the Southern Kettle Moraine area by Eagle WI, has some excellent roads too.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Cedar Rapids, IA (NE part of the state). I did make it down to the Ozarks last year and it was a blast. There are plenty of curvy roads all over the place.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
WI has some of the best roads in the midwest. Probably kinda far for you, but I've done some camping/riding in the Blue Mound State Park area west of Madison.

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
NO, No, NO, :Flip:north west Arkansas and southwest Missouri do not have great roads!! Hwy 160 from Doniphan west isn't THAT good. Hwy 7 form Harrison AR to Hot Springs is much too twisty(it really is too congested) and Hwy 123 (the pig trail) is much too short to be any fun. If people knew what great roads we have in our backyard, they'll:mad: you know