Mid Pipe Cat Delete

Bcwalks2

Reaction score
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has purchased a mid pipe and put that on an 07' FZ6. I am looking to delete the CAT on mine. I am running a Scorpion slip-on and wondering if deleting the CAT will require a power commander.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has purchased a mid pipe and put that on an 07' FZ6. I am looking to delete the CAT on mine. I am running a Scorpion slip-on and wondering if deleting the CAT will require a power commander.

In stock trim, the OEM fuel map plays on both sides of the fence; i.e. too lean in some spots and too rich in others. That said, as long as you leave the restrictive CATs in the header (S2), you should be OK with the midpipe CAT gone. If you run open pipes, no midpipe cat, and ditch the S2 header for an S1 header (no cats), now you need a controller as it will lean out past the 15:1 AFR mark and you could damage your engine. This statement now applies to the whole S1 gang running wide open with no cats.

It will also wake up substantially!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious, are you running the Scorp's open or with the DB killers in?.

I run Scorps as well, but open. I don't think I could handle it any louder (cat delete) and REALLY like the way
it sounds with them just open...

No back firing, steady idle and still sounds great..

Bcwalks2

Reaction score
Visit site

I run Scorps as well, but open. I don't think I could handle it any louder (cat delete) and REALLY like the way

I bought Scorp's off of an 06' FZ6. DB killer is in, I suppose I can see if they are removable and see if that makes it a bit louder. I have this one here: Scorpion Factory Oval Slip-On Exhaust Yamaha FZ6 2004-2006 - RevZilla.

I just want something a little bit louder!

Bcwalks2

Reaction score
Visit site

Just went out and looked, no DB killers in my exhaust that came off on an 06. It sounds great, but I wish it were a tad bit louder! Got the slip on for $250, so can't complain.

Bcwalks2

Reaction score
Visit site
You got a great deal!!! I bought new, many moons ago, for twice that.

Those are the ones I have as well! That's why I had to snag them while I could haha. Whoa, how did you mount that with the bracket? I don't have enough clearance to mount using the bracket it came with. My exhaust came off of an 06' model and is technically for the 04'-06' FZ6. Did you fabricate something so you could use the original mounts?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All the hardware that came with it installed W/O issue...

Obviously, I have the stock rear fender (added a Hyperlight flashing brake/running light)

Quote "did you mount that with the bracket?" quote. Not quite sure what your asking, the mufflers?

Buying used, you might have been missing a mounting bracket from the PO.

From the rear: