Michelin PR4 on my Tiger

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Ran a PR4 on the rear on the Tiger and managed 7K miles so for the cost difference between a T30 and PR4, 111.00 and 162.00 from American Motorcycle Tire, I'm going back to the T30.
P1200980.jpg

Keep in mind that I run a 150/70 ZR17 and most of you run a larger size so your milage may vary.

On a side note I bought one of Harbor Freight's tire changer with the motorcycle attachment and modified it with some plastic blocks like the MoJo type so not to scratch the rim. Will be modifying the tire bar to work like the Nomar one too. Also bought a HF 170 wire feed welder to fab up the bar.
So all in all this tire change should cost around $450.00 not counting the tireBlah
Hey I'm sure to find other uses for the welder and should only take a few tire changes to pay for the equipment, at least thats what I'm telling my self:rolleyes:

Jerry

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the Bridgestone T-30? That tire will be the ultimate test for your equipment and technique! I ran one, excellent tire but the sidewall was the stiffest I've ever seen. Took two people, three would have been easier but there was no room for the extra hands and muscle. It'd be nice to hear how it went. Leave the tire in the sun for a while and use the slipperiest lube possible. Good luck.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My last set of tires was Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on my FZ6 and my rear tire managed to get 6,300 miles. Now I'm on the PR2 and expect to easily get 9,000 miles based on my experience with the 2CT which is softer.

I've been using a HF tire changing stand with no-mar nylon blocks and mojo nylon tipped lever. 5 sets changed so far with no issues. Best $200 I ever spent, motorcycle shops want $80 to change tires even if you bring the wheels in!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My last set of tires was Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on my FZ6 and my rear tire managed to get 6,300 miles. Now I'm on the PR2 and expect to easily get 9,000 miles based on my experience with the 2CT which is softer.

I've been using a HF tire changing stand with no-mar nylon blocks and mojo nylon tipped lever. 5 sets changed so far with no issues. Best $200 I ever spent, motorcycle shops want $80 to change tires even if you bring the wheels in!
I can get mine changed for $40 off bike somewhere so I'm debating getting the HF changer or just getting them done there, decisions decisions.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I can get mine changed for $40 off bike somewhere so I'm debating getting the HF changer or just getting them done there, decisions decisions.

Well if you get your own changer you can eventually charge your buddies $20-30 per tire change to save them money and to recoup some of your investment cost over time.