Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3???

Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the 3's for a few thousand km and I give them two large thumbs uP. My bike only had 10,000km but the stock tires sucked. They did not feel good riding aggressively and HORRIBLE if the ground was a little wet (they would slip badly on a wet tar line).

The PR3's are awesome in the wet. I hit a downpour on my last ride. Still felt safe at high way speeds even going through a decent amount of water.

I've had to stop aggressively a few times (wildlife, people stopping ON the highway to take pictures (had some choice words for that moron)) and the grip was awesome. I would have skidded on the stockers but the pilots almost scared me at how fast they gripped. Almost did an endo....if I didn't have about 100lbs on my luggage I might have!!

Corners and handling is excellent. Getting more confident at tighter, faster corners because it has never felt unnerving. My last season I had 2 plugs in the rear tire so it didnt inspire confidence.

I highly recommend these tires. Don't get the 2's. These look a little goofy with the small siping treads but well worth it esoeciall if you hit rain or even damp roads on the rare occasion. :cheer:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd get the tire thats cheaper. they are both extremely good tires, and some tire shops are dumping the pr2's because the 3's are out. (unless its like 5 bucks and both tires are in stock..)

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd get the tire thats cheaper. they are both extremely good tires, and some tire shops are dumping the pr2's because the 3's are out. (unless its like 5 bucks and both tires are in stock..)

Doing a quick browse they are 10-20 more per tire...worth it!!:thumbup: