Maintainence?

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike just turned to 600 miles today and i called my local dealership and talked to the service department manager about and oil change. He scheduled me for thursday and mentioned a prepaid maintainence package that lasted 2 years and was good for unlimited mileage and cocered all recommended maintainence for $450. Is this a good deal or should i pay as i go?:confused:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
If you don't want to do it yourself, then YES, it's a great deal...my first service alone STOLE $350 from me...and they just changed my oil. since then I've never been back. If you want to learn, you'll have a better connection to the bike and you'll feel more confident on it knowing that work was done right. Download the service manual AND Haynes manual since (supposedly) each one has different methods that may be easier than the other, but for what you'll do at a service interval..you don't need lots of tools and if you think you can't do it then take it to a generic trustworthy moto shop.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
During two year's time, what do you think service will entail? Maybe 4 (or 3?) oil changes, chain adjustment, throttle body synchronization, lube & adjust cables and maybe spark plug change? I guess it's a bargain in dealership terms. Myself, I think that I might even enjoy doing these things myself, or at least the feeling that comes after doing the work myself. But, I have a garage and a good place to work on bike.