Made my own FE..

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to give it a go...made it out of T304L Stainless steel... The bracket itself isnt pretty...but it can hardly be seen anyhow... lots of filing...I used hand tools... and T304L stainless is some resilient metal let me tell you...it will outlast the bike.

FE002.jpg

FE004.jpg

FE003.jpg

and I know I need to make the holes that hold on the FE bigger so those metal bushings seat the right way...but you get the idea... it aint pretty...but it works.. not bad for hand tools and stainless... oh...Im a crapo welder too... but I got a free FE that I made with my own two hands.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice in the sense that, as you said, it does the job and it's free. Nice work :rockon:

Just make sure to apply loctite to the bolts before you re-tighten them. Folks have had FE bolts come loose causing the whole thing to dangle from the wires. Can be dangerous if it hits your tire.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice in the sense that, as you said, it does the job and it's free. Nice work :rockon:

Just make sure to apply loctite to the bolts before you re-tighten them. Folks have had FE bolts come loose causing the whole thing to dangle from the wires. Can be dangerous if it hits your tire.

:thumbup:Thanks for the tip

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Not that bad a job.
I've seen dudes with far worse on their bikes, - and those were from ebay ...

Clean up the welds, spend some time on the egdes, - and it will become quite decent!

All in all,- nice job.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that bad a job.
I've seen dudes with far worse on their bikes, - and those were from ebay ...

Clean up the welds, spend some time on the egdes, - and it will become quite decent!

All in all,- nice job.

Thanks, yeah.. Ill refine it more from where you see it now... making the ears that hold the turn signals was a giant PITA... drill bits and files...hours... I def went old school with it.

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
You should give a step by step so I can make my own too. Or start selling them it looks great.:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done! A little clean up and a powder coating and you have a great kit!

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
You should give a step by step so I can make my own too. Or start selling them it looks great.:thumbup:

I made each piece out of thin cardboard first, traced to metal...cut out the shapes, drilled the holes for the plate and light then welded them together.

it took way too long to make any $ selling them... id need a CNC machine for that.