Luggage???

Rider37

Reaction score
Visit site
I use my bike mostly for commuting back and forth to work. I usually carry a backpack but I really cannot stand having it on my back especially when it's hot out. Can anyone recommend some nice "luggage" that is a great fit for my 2006 FZ6? I'm usually carrying clothes and such. Thanks to all!!!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I use my bike mostly for commuting back and forth to work. I usually carry a backpack but I really cannot stand having it on my back especially when it's hot out. Can anyone recommend some nice "luggage" that is a great fit for my 2006 FZ6? I'm usually carrying clothes and such. Thanks to all!!!

If you do a search, you'll find lots of good recommendations. Personally, I have the Cortech Sport luggage set. I use the tail bag daily and use the saddle bags when I need to carry more stuff for a longer trip. Good quality materials, easy to take on and off the bike.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GIVI!!! i opted for hard luggage after a few years with soft bags.. worth it if your doing alot of commuting..

IMG_0848.jpg

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
The hard luggage is great, and I'd love to get some. Here is a pic of my bike with soft Nelson Rigg bags. The tail bag is the 150, and the saddlebags are the 850, I think. Very handy, but the tail takes up the pillion spot, and rain is an issue, even with the cover. The rain cover on the tail bag is too tight, and the covers on the saddlebags collect water on the underside. Also, the tail bag gets unstable in the expanded setting. All in all, though, they are very serviceable.

dscn2288x.jpg

Joe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For everyday commuting with not a lot of gear, i would suggest a Bagster Tank Bra & bag....not cheap, but super functional.

I also have a Top Box...which is great, cause like most hard luggage, it is water-proof, and lockable....and also a doddle to get on and off the bike...

But Tank bag wins for convenience, cause it turns into a backpack in seconds, once you get it off the bike...great for work, etc...

Saddlebags....IMHO, only for when you have one, or both of the others (Tank Bag, and, or Top Box), and you wanna take the "kitchen sink" with you on a ride, or when touring!

:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good price on the Axio Tail Bag even at $82.00. I think I paid like $100.

It's no longer on my bike, it didin't last very long being that my bike is my only ride. Now I use a Yamaha Tail Bag which holds more cargo since it's a little larger. But the problem I'm having with this bag is that the black color is starting to fade from the intense sun. The Axio started to do the same.

I'm like you, I don't like wearing backpacks, and I'm not a fan of tank bags.

AutoXer

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Nelson-Rigg IF you can't afford hard luggage - only downside is (lack of) security. Stuff stays on and does the job. I have the CL900 mini saddlebags (don't hold a lot, but aren't huge and ungainly on the bike) and the CL-150 tail bag, which holds a large Nolan flip helmet without expanding it. Lifetime guarantee on the Nelson-Rigg stuff too.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good price on the Axio Tail Bag even at $82.00. I think I paid like $100.

It's no longer on my bike, it didin't last very long being that my bike is my only ride. Now I use a Yamaha Tail Bag which holds more cargo since it's a little larger. But the problem I'm having with this bag is that the black color is starting to fade from the intense sun. The Axio started to do the same.

I'm like you, I don't like wearing backpacks, and I'm not a fan of tank bags.

I have the Yamaha Tail Bag as well, and mine has also faded to mostly grey. :( But, for ease of install/removal its awesome, and carries quite a bit of gear. I use the Givi top box for longer trips.

Argyle

abstract thinker
Reaction score
Visit site
i recently picked up the OGIO textile saddlebags. they velcro together under the seat, and provide a decent amount of storage, and they expand for a little extra if you need it. great to have some storage when running about. i think they look pretty nice too.

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I ride.. I have a bottle of water under my seat (after 30min it's boiling hot, I love it!) and a cookie in my jacket.... :thumbup: All you need! :BLAA: