Lowering Kit

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the dealer and asked about a lowering kit for my FZ6. They quoted me a price of $65+tax. Has anyone installed a lowering kit? How difficult and how long did it take. They tell me it will get 2-4 inches of lowering, which will help me reach the ground. Right now I can reach with both feet if I tippy toe, which I am comfortable with. Or is there an adjustment I can make on a stock FZ? GRUMPY:Flash:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
That's an awful lot cheaper than the lowering kit in a thread above & they had to do it themselves! :eek:
You better look into that more & see what they will actually do to get that much lower, and at that price!

Reaction score
Visit site
That's an awful lot cheaper than the lowering kit in a thread above & they had to do it themselves! :eek:
You better look into that more & see what they will actually do to get that much lower, and at that price!

$65 is the purchase price, labor is mine. They want $90/hr for labor. I can probably firgure out how to install the kit, they tell me that I can get it done in an afternoon.

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a 2008 FZ6 set up for my wife. She is 5'3\" and stands flat footed on it. Visit Hyper Pro USA - World Class Suspension Technology they have lowering springs for the forks and rear shock. I installed the rear spring p/n: SP-YA06-SSB023 it lowers the bike 30mm (1 1/4\") and only cost $119.95. It also improved the ride of the bike.

how did it improve the ride? i read the information on the site but i want to know from a real world drive-ability perspective. do you have any information on if their front spring kit will lower the front to match/improve ride? thanks!

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
the 2-4 inch kit mentioned earlier, how does it lower the bike (where/what means)...just curious because i am wondering if it just compresses the suspension and destroys the ride.

also, anyone know how lowering the fz no more than 2" will effect cornering/braking/accel/2 up riding?