Lower fairings + Sliders= PITA???

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I've did the searches. I looked for "lower fairings with sliders", & "lower fairings + sliders", with a bunch of different variations, all without useful info... I've found info on, A) Lower fairings, & B) Sliders. All good topics. But I want both, at once, on the same bike! Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to mount my sliders to add crash protection, but I also have Yamaha lower fairings right in the way! I have no problem drilling holes in those expensive plastic (bling?) pieces, but I cannot find any evidence that someone has done this before. Help? Any ideas will be taken to heart, as I feel semi-naked while riding without my sliders... (I need them more than most! Not very smart...) :spank:

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
just measure right and drill them fu*kers:thumbup: its been done i have friends that have done it, differnt bikes though. lol. its all the same as long as you measure right and dont mess up.

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Will you need a longer high tensile bolt and/or spacers maybe?

I'll have to do some measuring to find out for sure. Too much length will have a negative effect on strength. They are already "extended length models". I didn't get a chance to check it out this weekend... Maybe this week...