Lower cowl

wansbeckjim

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just fitted one of these to my bike and was disappointed, it looked to wide and bulbus especially when looking at the right hand side and the joint looked crap. :(
In the end I took an inch and a bit from the left hand side of the joint (the side that overlaps) pop riveted the two halves together then made a new front bracket for the right hand side going to the water hose bracket so I could bring the right hand cowel in closer to the engine. Now at last I am happy with it :thumbup::rockon:

wansbeckjim

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry if my previous reply seemed negative I think part of my problem is my bike is the naked one and the wider look more suits the fared model.

Here is a photoshop job of your bike with the cowl painted blue hope it helps with your choice of colour.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
definitely paint it. black looks fug IMO. I bought the 50 dollar ebay one and got 2 cans of the duplicolor indigo paint to match my 09 so im gonna spray it up at my friends and he will do a few coats of clear. just have to figure out how im going to mount the damn thing since it comes with no hardware.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
go with paint. i have the same color bike as you with a painted factory lower cowl. It really brings the paint scheme together.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry if my previous reply seemed negative I think part of my problem is my bike is the naked one and the wider look more suits the fared model.

Here is a photoshop job of your bike with the cowl painted blue hope it helps with your choice of colour.

yep....blue looks better:D