Lower Cowl-Puig Windscreen-FZ1 Bars Installed...Me = Happy now

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got everything I had on order installed. I love my bike even more now. Sprayed the bars with some Colorrite Yamaha oem Flat black that I had purchased to touch up my frame. Looks and feels much better now. I ordered a new top clamp from an 07 for the bars just because I like how they look more than the two clamps the 06 has. All thats left on my wishlist/ to-do list for this bike is a PCIII, K+n, if I see a cheap sub-frame from an 07+ I'll get that(for the helmet lock and different passenger foot peg position(more comfortable))...Forgot about the Watsen signals I have sitting in my truck. Picked them up the other night and forgot all about them....lol....gonna install those right now...:rockon:...enjoy the pics...:thumbup:

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Last edited:
nice looking...you painted the FZ1 bars, but what about looking down at the silver triple tree (if that's the silver part under it...i'm still learning my parts)...you gonna make it black too?
How about the radiator covers and front forks in silver to black? :D

Looks sweet even though it is red hehe :justkidding: those photos are really sweet... BOTM entry ????

Looking very Good!:thumbup::rockon:

Got everything I had on order installed. I love my bike even more now. Sprayed the bars with some Colorrite Yamaha oem Flat black that I had purchased to touch up my frame. Looks and feels much better now. I ordered a new top clamp from an 07 for the bars just because I like how they look more than the two clamps the 06 has. All thats left on my wishlist/ to-do list for this bike is a PCIII, K+n, if I see a cheap sub-frame from an 07+ I'll get that(for the helmet lock and different passenger foot peg position(more comfortable))...Forgot about the Watsen signals I have sitting in my truck. Picked them up the other night and forgot all about them....lol....gonna install those right now...:rockon:...enjoy the pics...:thumbup:

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Took it out onto the freeway for a rip with the new screen and I have to say that it is a marked improvment. Still windy, but not getting buffeted like I was. When I tuck now it is absolutely windless on the most part around my helmet. Very nice.....:thumbup: Lovin' the bars. Already had to clean off some gum that splattered on the cowl.....Use a garbage can people of the world!!!...;)

I think you going to clean that cowling a lot! But it's worth it, bike looks a treat!!

You've done it real nice, i'd also agree getting the silver bits black would be stunning. Got the watsons mounted yet? More pics ;-)

Last edited:
Looks great! Did you trim down the new bars? I'd really like to get some but I'd have to trim the ends a bit to be the same width as the stock bars - I travel in heavy traffic a lot and need to filter. Wider bars would keep me from getting through those tight spaces I can get in now.

Looks great but I agree you should spray some of that black you got on your forks and triple clamp. I guess when you take that all apart you can get the all balls steering head bearing. Oh and your rearsets could use some black as well and you'd of added a nice edge to that sharp bike you've got.

:rockon:

It took about an 1.5 hrs total to do these.just over an hour for the bars and 10 mins for the cowl and 5 mins for the screen. on a difficulty scale of 1-10 I say 2.3579 difficulty. Just because I had to drill a hole in the bars. Other than that everything fit perfectly....Im gonna hold off on the blackout effect on the bike. IMO it doesnt look as sharp on the red rockets as it does on the blue and black birds. Ive accented mine with abita chrome, I know blasphemy to some, but its not too much and I've had nothing but compliments on my bike. I like contrast and thats what the rad cover and rear-sets provide for my bike. Balance. If I blacked out the cover and rearset, then the two-bros would be the only bare metal part on the bike. Paint that??? Nah. Shes beautiful the way it is. Anyways thanks for the compliments, suggestions, and ideas. I hit abit of a snag with the Watsons. They dont have the running light option that I was told they had. Bought them used of a member of a local forum. Now the guy wont answer my calls. Paid only $80 so now I have to get the leakage resistors from Watsen before I'll put them on the bike. I'll do it when my Nautilus horn gets here. I think I have to take the front fairing off to put the horn in so I'll do both then..Jeez, I've wrote a short story here....Sorry...:Flash:

PICT0011.jpg

ChromeRadTrimPiece.jpg

Chromefootpeginsert2.jpg

CromeFootpegInsert.jpg

Nice Job, I have the same bike and I am looking for a new windscreen. Which model windscreen is that? Race, Std, or Touring? Dark Smoke?

Any issues at all with turning or clearance with the differrent bars? Did they pretty much just swap right out? I love the look. Do you notice the riding position much in terms of your upper body or hands since the bars are flatter? The stock bars have too much rise for my tastes. Our bikes will look like twins...if I were to drop the cash on the lower cowl, too. Gotta love the red. Nice job!

Back