Lower Cowl Kit - 2006/2007 Blue $200 Shipped

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
Up for sale is a lower cowl kit. It is a color match for the 2006 and 2007 blue model. The outside looks pretty good with no scratches and the paint looks good. The inside has a section where the paint was removed from cleaning off oil, but you can't see it when mounted to the bike.

If you're interested the first $150 takes it, including shipping.
For some reason I can't upload any photos right now but I can send them via text message or email. Just send a PM requesting photos. Here is the link to the Yamaha website (part # ABA-5VX08-10-00).

Now the reason I'm selling it...
The bike has had a mild oil leak on the left side ever since I bought it used a couple years ago, which I've ignored. Recently the bike sat for several weeks and left a small puddle of oil on the garage floor. I tracked the leak to a loose bolt on the oil pan. It turns out the brackets for the lower cowl mount using the bolts holding on the oil pan. Whoever installed this cowl (previous owner) stripped the threads on the left rear bolt, causing the leak. With the bracket removed the bolt is long enough to grab grab some threads and stop the leak. Since the lower cowl is purely aesthetic and oil is a necessity the cowl must go.

20120121_210540.jpg

20120121_210631.jpg

20120121_210619.jpg

20120121_210556.jpg

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant believe no ones bought this thing!?!?!
It balances the bike out, completes it IMO. LowerCowl=SICK FZ
cheap too.....

Not really sure what having the cowl on has to do with stopping the leak....you can have the best of both worlds...Get a longer bolt.....hmmmm

before...after...

PICT0016.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does it comes with everything needed for installation? Also, do you think it would fit a '05 model? Lastly, does the 150$ shipped price covers shipping to Canada?
Thanks

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a sale pending. On the chance the sale doesn't go through, and you are interested, PM me and you will be contacted in the order the PM's are received.

I added some photos to the original post. The plastic is intact and not damaged. The sections missing paint are on the inside and not visible when installed.

Get a longer bolt.....hmmmm

The bolt screws into the crankcase, which I don't want to destroy. I debated adding a longer bolt, but since it's screwed in now I don't want to strip out the remaining threads by removing it.

Does it comes with everything needed for installation? Also, do you think it would fit a '05 model? Lastly, does the 150$ shipped price covers shipping to Canada?
Thanks

Yes, all parts are included (the cowl, l/r brackets, and 4 screws). It should fit all years but the blue is a color match for 06/07. I'd have to get a shipping quote to Canada before saying yes.

Last edited:

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
The cowl is officially SOLD. Based on the number of people trying to buy it, it was way under priced. Thank you to all of you who expressed interest.