Low side crash videos

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vids! I've seen a few of them. That patrol car prolly doesn't help with the back brake tappin!

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that half of those accidents could have been prevented if CHP officers where not hiding in blind corners to only be seen midcorner?

If you ask me, they should still be there, but hiding in a blind spot is just wrong of them.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That 2nd guardrail crash, there is zero head turn by that guy. He was looking right where he was going, and that was straight into that rail.

That tennis shoe is a perfect example of how easily your shoes comes off when it hits the pavement. It was kind of comical.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like that CHP needs to GTFO off that turn and stop making people wreck. I can see someone who is obeying the speed limits get distracted by the CHP and crash.

The CHP is stopped in a very bad and unsafe spot. Thats how I see it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like that CHP needs to GTFO off that turn and stop making people wreck. I can see someone who is obeying the speed limits get distracted by the CHP and crash.

The CHP is stopped in a very bad and unsafe spot. Thats how I see it.

I have to agree, whether you are speeding or not, the first reaction you have when you see a cop car, is to hit the skids....not real smart on the police's behalf.

:(

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I find it amusing that the patrolman felt the need to drive the 5 feet forward to the bike that just dropped before getting out

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
In the first three videos, it appears the riders were really not going that fast.
I`m surprised at how easy the bikes slid out from under the riders.
Maybe it is a slick road or the speed in the video was deceptive.
I gotta slow down a little.:confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the first three videos, it appears the riders were really not going that fast.
I`m surprised at how easy the bikes slid out from under the riders.
Maybe it is a slick road or the speed in the video was deceptive.
I gotta slow down a little.:confused:

Well you have to realize that public roads are not going to offer ideal surface conditions like the track, so thats part of the reason that you're seeing so many bikes sliding out.

Something to really think about next time you decide to go hit the twisties on a public road.

I'm surprised that there has been so many negative comments about the cop situated where he was. Looked like a pretty damn good spot to watch all the action while he ate his donuts. All comes down to the fault of the rider. But gives you a good idea how easily a slide can result in crossing into the other lane, just imagine if another vehicle would have been going around that curve?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Poor bugga sees the cop car as he's coming onto the apex and nails the front brakes. You can see the forks compress big time. Shoulda just kept going and taken a fine if he was gonna get one.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff Kenny, thanks for the post!

The 'Busa dude is silk smooth. On the right handed corner prior to the leftie were everyone washed out, note how he late apexes and makes pretty much a single arc out of it. Everyone else double apexed; and either bobbled and crashed. Makes me wanna buy a 'Busa!

It's funning how so many people washed in the same place. I'm guessing the chopped throttle as the corner decreased, unweighted the rear wheel and low sided??? Thoughts?

I thought the "Vest" dude was the funniest. Nice gear, tough guy!

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Poor bugga sees the cop car as he's coming onto the apex and nails the front brakes. You can see the forks compress big time. Shoulda just kept going and taken a fine if he was gonna get one.

Just looking at that roadway, I'm guessing the posted speed limit would be around 45 mph. From the video that I've seen, I really doubt the motorcyclist that crashed near the police vehicle was exceeding 45 mph.

Except for the crash, it does not appear the motorcycle rider was doing anything wrong prior to his crash. He simply saw the patrol car and stabbed the front brakes which caused him to low side.

The officer is in a horrible position, and was a contributing factor to that crash. He did not physically cause the crash, but his car was enough to cause the rider to lose concentration mid-apex and dump the bike.

Poor positioning on the cops part! I'm hoping the officer was simply finishing a crash report from a previous accident instead of merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
OK - so this is my backyard. I feel no sympathy [edit: well, some] for these riders. Show the Snake respect and you'll get it back. Some people are going WAY WAY too fast on the Snake and I'm scared ****less when I'm coming around a turn and they're just about to cross double yellow with knee down throwing up sparks...not cool.

Notice the bicyclists? Every weekend. Slow down or someone is going to get creamed. [EDIT: as for the cop, well yea, the speed limit is NOT 45...it's 25.]

Now this isn't to say that I don't go careening around the Snake now and then, but just to put it in perspective, it's a TOUGH road. Too many people come out and ride it too hard. At the big apex is a tree where all the fairings and broken bits hang...