Lorenzo see's Stoner as his greatest rival for 2011!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lorenzo learnt from Rossi, Stoner biggest threat | Page 1 | MotoGP News | Jan 2011 | Crash.Net

Quote.....

Lorenzo believes the instant pace of new factory Honda rider Casey Stoner during November's Valencia test is to be taken very seriously - and he places the 2007 world champion (for Ducati) above the likes of Rossi and last year's runner-up Dani Pedrosa.

”I keep saying Casey is my closest competitor because we are the fastest now,” Lorenzo explained. “Seeing from the Valencia test result and how our best times were so close.”

End Quote....

:thumbup:

At least Lorenzo has a firm grip on reality, unlike some Wossi fans!

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're talking about me, aren't you? :rant:

Maybe! :D

Lorenzo better keep an eye on the young Texan too.

Yes, i think Ben is doing a great job of slipping under the radar at this point....Would'nt it be great if Ben Spies took the whole shebang by storm this year...

Do we think Ben can get a few Race wins????

Do we dare predict such???

Is going to be a hard fought season....now that Rossi's advantages have dried up, Stoner on a decent bike, Lorenzo on fire, Pedrosa doing wellish, Spies with Factory tackle....cant wait....

:rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy & I have a difference of opinion on Elbowz, which we discussed on the ride the other week.

He thinks Ben hasn't shown enough in the 1st year & don't expect much more this year. :spank:

Im tipping Ben to have his 's**t together', debut win not on an American track, but by the French Gp (about round 5-6, can't remember where it is on the calendar).

Ben had 1 problem last year, he wouldn't go for it from the start, but by mid race onwards he would absolutely fly. Once he's got that sorted, well he's an SBK racer, he don't mind abit of biff & barge :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy & I have a difference of opinion on Elbowz, which we discussed on the ride the other week.

He thinks Ben hasn't shown enough in the 1st year & don't expect much more this year. :spank:

Im tipping Ben to have his 's**t together', debut win not on an American track, but by the French Gp (about round 5-6, can't remember where it is on the calendar).

Ben had 1 problem last year, he wouldn't go for it from the start, but by mid race onwards he would absolutely fly. Once he's got that sorted, well he's an SBK racer, he don't mind abit of biff & barge :thumbup:

That's the diffrence between WSBK & Moto GP....You have to ride flat out all race to win....with nearly everyone being able to circulate the track within a second of each other, the difference btween first and last, aint nearly as much as the first and last competitive bike in WSBK.

Humpy is right in his ascertion that Ben didnt show enough last year...but having said that, he was thrown in the deep end, with a bike that is obviously not the same spec as the full factory Yamaha....and why would it be, Yamaha would be mad not to protect their factory riders....and it just so happens that Ben is a Factory rider this year...

Like i said, i cant wait for hostilities to commence.

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still stand by what I said Disco , IMO Ben is not up to MotGP standard :eek:

He will always be 'there abouts' but never the 'gun' man people expect him to be :thumbup: I do however hope I am wrong coz I like watching him ride ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still stand by what I said Disco , IMO Ben is not up to MotGP standard :eek:

He will always be 'there abouts' but never the 'gun' man people expect him to be :thumbup: I do however hope I am wrong coz I like watching him ride ;)

Your talking about the "Scott Russell syndrome!"

:(

I just made that up by the way, but you know what i mean!

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats exactly what I mean :thumbup: I'd forgotten all about Scott the AMA king..................... then what

yep nothing ;)

He did win a World Superbike Championship! But when he got to the BIG GAME, he was hopelessly outclassed, and he had decent machinery...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He did win a World Superbike Championship! But when he got to the BIG GAME, he was hopelessly outclassed, and he had decent machinery...

Yeah but back then , early 90's from memory :don'tknow: SBK (as it was known) wasnt as competitive as it is now.... Didnt really get firing till the mid to late 90's when Foggy & our own Mr Corser started going hammer & tongs :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but back then , early 90's from memory :don'tknow: SBK (as it was known) wasnt as competitive as it is now.... Didnt really get firing till the mid to late 90's when Foggy & our own Mr Corser started going hammer & tongs :rockon:
Don't start me on Foggy.

FFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYY

Punch and bloody Judy calling the race - and Foggy was such a pr**k :rant:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then he had brain surgery.... All good now. Finished his career in Japan - touring cars.

Kiwi legend :rockon:

Met him - bloody short :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Foggy was also one who didnt gt on so well at GP level...very brief forays, with litle success, and yes, probably the biggest tool around, other than maybe John Kocinski...now he was a sour little so and so...

:thumbup: