Looking into fz6r any have one?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Due to consignment reasons the standard fz6 looks out of the question atm....fz6r is still an option... im really just looking for somethin that can hang with my friends ninja 500 r but still comfortable for commuting (commute will be the main use) i also read somewhere (i think) that the fz6r takes on the super sport seating position rather than the upright fz6 position...im sure by the time i get an answer i'll have found a answer :spank: but anyhow anyone have one and how do you like it :thumbup: also looking into a kawa er-6n (versys) and maybe an sv 650....but fz6r is prolly top contender right now.

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't waste your money on Fz6r, good looking bike but doesn't even come close to the Fz6. FZ6 has the R6s motor that produces around 98hp, better brakes, chain, 180 rear tire, nicer frame etc. The fz6r only has around 78hp,and if its the lower fairings on the FZ6R that you like you can by them for the FZ6 for around 300-600 dollars. Just my opinion, I almost got dooped by my salesman and then did my research and found out the differences.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
a kawa er-6n (versys) and maybe an sv 650.

I'm pretty sure the er-6n and Versys are different bikes. I ride with a guy that has a SV650 it's a real fun bike and has some good low end torque.

IMO the er-6n is a little better looking then the FZ6R and the SV. Pretty sure they all perform about the same.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the er-6n and Versys are different bikes. I ride with a guy that has a SV650 it's a real fun bike and has some good low end torque.

IMO the er-6n is a little better looking then the FZ6R and the SV. Pretty sure they all perform about the same.

woops, i knew that actually, meant to put it as (or a versys) lol i've looked at both of them pretty extensively and they both seem to fit my budget and what im looking for... the sv is prolly my 2nd pick but i cant seem to shake the feeling that every time i got onto the fzr i'd get this feeling like i let myself down by not gettin the full on fz6.... which im still pushing to get (cross your fingers) but depends on convincing my cosigner ;) Thinkin' test rides gonna have to come pretty soon

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I think your biggest problem is all these bikes are great bikes. Test drive is the only way to decide whats best for you. Judging by the popularity of all of them I'm guessing you could be happy with any.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I think your biggest problem is all these bikes are great bikes. Test drive is the only way to decide whats best for you. Judging by the popularity of all of them I'm guessing you could be happy with any.

Yeah i think you're right, will have to hit up the dealers this week for some test rides, only issue is it's incredibly hard to find a er-6n around and nearly all the versys are new which dealers rarely let you test ride lol... opposite is true of the SV, theres none at dealerships (the ones i've looked at anyhow) so ya have too look into classifieds and lots of people dont like you test riding their bikes, but i'll manage i guess lol... either way im hoping to have a bike by the end of June, hopefully its a fz6 :thumbup: but we'll see

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit me up if you looking to get a FZ6, I have low mile 09 raven edition for sale with a lot of upgrades.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Others here have pretty well nailed it, however I think the FZ6R is a great looking bike and it is not as "laid down" as it looks. It too feels good. If you are worried about keeping up with the 500's - Don't! Good luck, (and let us know what you do)!

just james

Reaction score
Visit site
My wifes fz6r run right with my fz6 except for top end very comfortable adjustable seat and gets on average 50 plus mpg while commuting

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion you cant go wrong with either one, all it matters is to how you feel when riding it, and if you are welling to pay the extra money on the FZ6r just for the extra enjoyment you might get. i would think insurance is higher on the FZ6r too, so with that in mind i stick with the proven FZ6

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
mine was for sale, but after zero interest from folks, i'll keep it till it rolls over 100,000 miles i guess. :)