Long time owner, first time posting.

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
Hi everyone, my name is Alex. I have a 2005 FZ6 with 11k. I bought it almost 5 years ago with only 700 miles on it. Heres a pic. The bike is pretty much stock..

bikeedit.jpg

I also am working on making some custom parts for FZ6 and maybe other bikes later. So far all I've made is a front blinker relocation kit. Here's some pics of it. Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_00042.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum. I have a question about putting a plug where the old turn signal was, how will people from the side know that you want to turn?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it's about time! We could feel you lurking around in cyberspace!
:welcome:Nubzshop! Hahaha! Nice kit for the directionals!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum. Very nice bike! Love the look of the "blinker relocation kit!" Looks very professional. Good job!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the best forum out there. Nice Work. You did the pod lights as turn signals? I want to do them as running lights. Good to have ya aboard. Where in Oregon? :welcome: :rockon:

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
You did the pod lights as turn signals? I want to do them as running lights.

Many of us did both. Do a search. You'll find that if you wire the pod lights so that you connect the "hot" side to the running light wire and the "ground" side to the turn signal wire, then they'll act like running lights that blink alternately with the turn signals. The trick is that you do not connect either side of the pod light wiring to ground, but rather to two different "hot" wires.:thumbup:

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
Mine is currently set up to be JUST turn signals. I didn't feel a need to have running lights also. Jim, did you use the OE bulb holder for the POD lights?

Last edited:

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
Welcome to the best forum out there. Nice Work. You did the pod lights as turn signals? I want to do them as running lights. Good to have ya aboard. Where in Oregon? :welcome: :rockon:

I'm down in Corvallis. Good to see a fellow Oregonian. :thumbup:

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
discgolfdude, I appreciate that question. I am thinking about an LED bulb that is bi-directional, one firing forward and the others to the sides, as of now I am relying on the factory light diffusers that come in the stock headlight to give a decent amount of side reflection.

~NUBZSHOP