lights

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you got a faired fazer (s) or a naked bike?

If you've got a naked bike, I am VERY interested in the outcome.

I realize it's probably an S, but can't open your profile and pictures on my phone :-(

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of fitting an extra set of lights to my fazer. Any done this and if so what did you fit?

had seen this set

Halfords | Ring Compact Cruise-lite

Are you looking to put more light on the road at night, or to make yourself more visible in the day? If the former, the best way to do so is by installing xenon projectors. There are several threads about doing so. It is not cheap or easy, but from what I can gather it practically turns night in to day, without blinding oncoming drivers. If the latter, have you done the dual-headlight (aka bd43) mod to light up the unused low-beam in your right side headlamp? OR, as ana laternative or in addiotn, there are some nifty LED options, like these:

BikeVis Store | BikeVis Bullets

Be aware that the lights at your link seem to be 55 Watts each, total 110 Watts. The FZ6 charging system is probably not capable of handling that much extra load. (That is one advantage of the projector mod, they use less energy than stock, freeing up capacity for other extras, like heated clothing.)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey rino, I am interested too, in some supplementary lights. I saw some in a Aus Road Rider mag, I'll see if I can find the ad tonight. They looked pretty neat and should sit up close to the headlight on OUR nakeds. The ones I remember are in an solid Ally case I think with a s/steel band that clamps on the fork leg.
see what I can do

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
That's sounds awesome mate - I'll keep watching this space.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack, but I think the projectors with angel eyes are definitely the best way to go with the s model - look great, and make a massive difference.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you looking to put more light on the road at night, or to make yourself more visible in the day? If the former, the best way to do so is by installing xenon projectors. There are several threads about doing so. It is not cheap or easy, but from what I can gather it practically turns night in to day, without blinding oncoming drivers. If the latter, have you done the dual-headlight (aka bd43) mod to light up the unused low-beam in your right side headlamp? OR, as ana laternative or in addiotn, there are some nifty LED options, like these:

BikeVis Store | BikeVis Bullets

Be aware that the lights at your link seem to be 55 Watts each, total 110 Watts. The FZ6 charging system is probably not capable of handling that much extra load. (That is one advantage of the projector mod, they use less energy than stock, freeing up capacity for other extras, like heated clothing.)

Those LED's are pretty cool looking. Too bad they didn't run the wire out the back of the housing, to eliminate the need for drilling.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I take it you have already done the dual-headlight mod. If not, do that! It uses both your lights. You don't have to buy the cable, you can just make one up.

Those lights on the Halfords site will add an extra 110w of draw to your system. You'll be lucky if it works without making everything else dimmer. Or it may run your battery down over a week or so of usage. You wouldn't be able to use heated grips or anything on top of it too. LEDs will add extra visibility, but not much extra light without drawing much power.

If you do go with those running lights (a risk). Make sure you use heavy-duty wire or it could set on fire. Also, you will need to install a relay to power them as if you try to piggy-back on top of any other wires it will melt them/your bike/you!

I would advise changing to the Philips Xtreme power bulbs after the dual-headlight mod. They are waay better than stock. I think they have them in Halfords, but you can get them cheaper new on Ebay. You need a H4 & a H7. I've used mine for 3 years with no issues. I've paid about £15 per bulb before, plus a fiver or so for the pod-light bulbs.

As you're in the UK like me, you probably already have the pod-lights. You can upgrade those bulbs too.

Angel eyes won't make a lot of difference, just looks pretty when the bulbs are off. When the lights are on you can hardly see them.

You can see pics of the differences in light on my bike in my site link below. Also how I did the dual-headlight mod for 50p or so!

If this isn't enough for you HIDs are the way to go. Be aware it's not technically legal and may cause you to fail the MOT. Also I'm not sure if you can go back to stock from HID.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's sounds awesome mate - I'll keep watching this space.

I grabbed my pile of mags last night and started flipping through and found the Motolights ad really quick. Then the clearwater ad but not the article. Went through them a couple of times thinking the write up was under bits or gadgets or stuff but then just as I was about to chuck the very last mag onto the pile I flipped through from back to front and it just opened at the article.
maybe it was meant to be.
Anyway I do seem to remember another set of lights from somewhere, neither the ones in the posted pdf are the ones i was talking about yesterday , so my hunt will continue, but I thought this was a good place to start.
The clearwaters are a bit pricier than I remembered???
10 minutes later.....
so I went to the redbike web site and these are the lights I was thinking about, must have been on the web not the mag. the motolights have a range of mounting options, fork, caliper, frame almost anywhere you might like.

I think the black powder coat could work real well