lights don't work- HELP!

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
So over the winter i replaced my turn signals with some smaller aftermarket ones. Today i was out riding and my signals and license plate light stopped working, even on the gauge cluster. I got home and checked everything to find out that one of the rear signal wires melted to the muffler. ooops! easy fix right. NOPE... the fuse is still good, fixed the wires still nothin. please help the weather is so nice and i wanna ride.

NICK

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same situation happened to me when I added the fender eliminator kit; left turn signal wire fused to exhaust and created a direct short when turn signal was activated. I would first make sure all wire connections are making good contact with each other. Second, make sure you are checking the right fuse - the one I blew was a 10amp fuse by itself on the right side of the bike when looking from the back to the front. You may have to do a continuity check on the fuse to make sure it is good - have seen many fuses that look good when actually they are bad. Hope this helps

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked my bike - fuse is labeled (tail light) and is independent of all the other fuses on the right side of bike.

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
The fuse didn't look blown but when replaced i got power. Ive never seen a fuse do that???
Thanks Rdoucet

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Same situation happened to me when I added the fender eliminator kit; left turn signal wire fused to exhaust and created a direct short when turn signal was activated. I would first make sure all wire connections are making good contact with each other. Second, make sure you are checking the right fuse - the one I blew was a 10amp fuse by itself on the right side of the bike when looking from the back to the front. You may have to do a continuity check on the fuse to make sure it is good - have seen many fuses that look good when actually they are bad. Hope this helps

Exactly the same thing happened to me today, when I got home I made good the "fused wire". Then I wanted to change the fuse, but where the bloody hell is the fuse box?:confused: So I came on the forum put in a search and "hey presto" forum came up with the info:rockon:. So well done folks.

Anyway changed the fuse, and all is good in the world:rockon:

I have inserted a couple of photo's of the fuse box location if that's ok, just in case anyone has the same problem with the fuse box location.

Thanks

Paul