license plate light unit

chau

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, finally got the first scratch on my new bike........

I backed into a wall while taking out my bike :(, nothing much happened to the bike but the license plate light is broke now.

Quite a few of you go for a FE kit, do you have a spare light unit I can use. I will definitely pay you though ;).

BTW, this is a 2008 blue fz6.

Thank you in advance,
Chau

PS: I was initially looking at this as a step towards going for a FE kit and there are several FE kits options available on ebay too. But one of my colleagues suggested that given the rain in NW, its better to retain the factory default.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I backed into a wall while taking out my bike :(, nothing much happened to the bike but the license plate light is broke now.

Quite a few of you go for a FE kit, do you have a spare light unit I can use. I will definitely pay you though ;).

Thank you in advance,
Chau

PS: I was initially looking at this as a step towards going for a FE kit and there are several FE kits options available on ebay too. But one of my colleagues suggested that given the rain in NW, its better to retain the factory default.

I actually purchased a brand new white LED licence plate light from Autozone. IT's so bright that it looks like it's blue. You can see me from miles away. Anyway, I have a couple of bulbs, but it's really not worth it to ship, I mean you can go to the autoparts store and purchase a pair for a buck or two. But my advice, get those LED's. I'll post a pic as soon as it gets dark.

Superbuddha14

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, got a busted plate light as well. Pretty interested to see what these white LEDs look like, I didn't know which one I should go for

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First pic is with the unit off. Rest of the pics the light is on. Both wires attached to the stock license plate light wires. I zip tied the light to the two license plate wingnuts. Looks like I threw away the package indicating what brand, but I can always go back and take a pic of the package. I purchased it Autozone, and it cost $14.99.

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you in advance,
Chau

I totally did the same thing on accident I backed my bike into my dad's work truck.:( It just broke my license light and the pipes left two big scratches in his door. Lucky he was getting a new one in a week anyway!! I ordered a new one from the dealer and it cost like $40. Probably could of gotten it cheaper but I was still new to bikes and stuff.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
LOL - I did the same thing and busted mine as well just after I got the bike.
Here is my post - http://www.600riders.com/forum/bike...ed-license-plate-light-assembly-2007-fz6.html

Backing out of the garage, steep driveway, Xterra parked in it. I backed right into it and crack busted the black plastic housing.

Worst thing it was right in front of my wife!

I put on a fender Eliminator that included a plate light.
I see the whole fender, plate light and signals go on Ebay now and then 20 to 30 dollars and they never seem to sell. Get one there.

Last edited:

chau

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey VegasRider, stuff looks cool and neat. I tried searching on autozone.com but couldn't find much. I will plan to stop by sometime over the weekend, in the mean time if you remember do share the brand name.

BTW, my light unit is busted not just the bulb, do you think I can still mount these LEDs without much hazzle?

Chau