Leo Vince

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope that all makes sense and helps someone in the future.[/QUOTE]

so is that little bracket thing a fender delete? where you can just hang your plate and just connect turn signals, because i just got some leos and i noticed the same hook and bracket thing

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so first off those look SICK! Man I would love to have some however I have some questions about the sound.

I am sure it is louder than stock, but how much louder?
Does it drone at highway speeds?
would you mind the noise for 300+ miles in one day?

-bryan

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Lame....sorry for the delay (under statement) bmccrary.

I can't explain how much louder it is than stock becuase the sound is totally different. The stock exhaust to me was an annoying high pitch sound and the LV are a loud lower end noise that I enjoy. :D

Highway speeds? I love it, especially in a tunnel at 65 up to 75, just sounds awesome, a 300 mile trip for me wouldn't be a concern at all.

Side note....I have the db killers installed and haven't removed them so I'm sure they get louder I haven't tried it yet.

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice, and thanks for the pm. im torn. i dont like the carbon fibre look, but those pipes do look great. i also dont like the "cut" at the end of the pipe. but again, the leo vince i have to say, look fabulous.

so its either (since i dont like the look sometimes, but like it other times)

the two bros in stainless (again, bonemans carbon do look rather cool, the more i check them out)
the akro in stainless
the scorpion in faded blue
or the leo vince, in carbon or perhaps stainless if they make it?

a big plus is that the fuel doesnt need to be remapped, and that there is a removable baffle, much like the akros have. i guess we all get what we get, and learn to be happy with it! its a big expense to buy the wrong thing.

thanks for the write up. and the super easy to follow instructions. i hope those pipes give you miles of pleasure, and make your blue color even a faster color blue, heh.

paul

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
so i installed the leo vince evo2 non conical end exhaust last night, took me close to three hours. but only because an opossum joined me in the garage for a bit. had to relocate him in a peaceful and harmless way.

the install was very straight forward, looking back on it. i did call leo vince for better instructions, and was emailed a write up, which doesnt do much if you have no idea what you are doing. for example, as was mentioned above, the install description (written) makes no provision for the bracket which hangs and holds the rear tail-turn signal. the diagram (in italian) does an adequate job of showing you where things go with its exploded view, rather like a bad set of ikea instructions. though it is clear where the bracket goes, what needs to be known is it needs to go on before the the silencers are in place, or at least before both silencers are in place.

also, the bands which hold the silencers to the support bracket need to be slipped over both silencers before they are put in place, and before the springs which hold them all tight are in place. i had to go back and re-do these two steps, because naturally, the space is tight when its all snugged up, and there is just no room to slip the bands over the silencers if not done before hand.

the biggest pain in the ass, and the crummiest design feature has to be the fitted rubber pieces which go under the bands. they are a pain to align. i got them looking straight and in place on the outer most visible part of the cans, but i couldnt get them perfect on the inner non visible area. just as well, i snugged it all up, aligned the cans and it is solid and firm, definately well held in place. i might replace those fitted rubber inner bands at some point with a different heat resistant material. like the silicon stuff line a baking sheet with.

late as it was, i started the bike briefly last night, early morning. which should be done while all the plastic is still off.

i wish italian opera sounded this good.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
You got it Mike. What's nice is that the Leo Vince doesn't need to have the fuel remappedd, they designed it that way.

From Leo Vince.com
"Do I have to rejet my bike or modify my fuel maps?

suggest disconnecting the battery and leaving it disconnected for a few minutes after installing either pipe, then reconnecting the battery and starting the bike. This allows the ECU to reset and adjust its own air/fuel parameters based on its sensor readings. "

LV's went on 2 days ago and they sound so sick!! :rockon: Bike is running kinda rough though. Just re-read H8's excerpt from LV and will have to give this a shot....

Also Thanx H8 PVMT for the install write-up. It took me and a buddy about 3 hrs start to finish and definately used your write-up to supplement LV's worthless directions.

My biggest suprise in the install process: that hideous piece of crap that Yamaha hides underneath the cheesy silver plastic facia :confused:

Biggest question: Those with LV's what did you use to connect your signals, plate and platelight???

Currently, I reconnected the big p.o.s. factory fender assembly to the LV supplied bracket. But it is both hideous and not very stable since I had to do a little improvising.

I'll attach a pic soon. But I warn you...its not very pretty:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
The Leos look so nice, even with the stock fender. Question tho, is there a choice for the cones or do they have to be purchased seperately?

I'm not exactly sure. I have seen oval tips w/o cones but mine just automatically came with the cone design. I ordered from indysuperbikes.com and their prices and customer svc was great. They told me they are re-vamping their web site and some of their products are not listed on the site currently. I would call or email them with the year and model of your bike and ask whatever questions you have about whatever product you are considering buying....

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I LOVE MY LEOS! Take the cat's out, it sounds even better.

Already done! Running w the cat elim pipe and no baffles. disconnected the battery and seems the ecu has adjusted to the new exhaust and the bike is running smoother now!!

BH17 - What have you done for your signals and plate??

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice! I put them back, it was a bit of a task. Do you have a fe kit? So do you think its really needed to reset the battery again after the baffles are out?

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
my old school leo vinces- bought new from a local guy who never put them on his bike before he sold it. me so happy! i ordered the cat eliminator pipe separately from leo vince here in richmond, ca. (heh, theres a richmond ca(nada) as well, yes?) baffles are in. and will stay in.

ps, what is the proceedure for mounting the metal riveted leo vince logos? you cant possibly just drill into the side of the can, is it? makes me a bit nervous, but they seem so much more substantial than the vinyl stickers...any suggestions?

Last edited:

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
very nice! I put them back, it was a bit of a task. Do you have a fe kit? So do you think its really needed to reset the battery again after the baffles are out?

No F.E. kit yet. In trying to put the fender assemby back on, I had real trouble getting the metal supports that run under the mufflers to fit so I "improvised" and left them off. I secured the leads to the signals and plate light with zip ties and electrical tape. (its a little ghetto but came out looking pretty clean) the only prob now is that without the metal support/braces to the fender its not very stable. As for the battery dis/re-connect: Honestly don't know. My bike seems to be running smoother now after I disconnected the battery but I must admit it might be just my imagination:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
ps, what is the proceedure for mounting the metal riveted leo vince logos? you cant possibly just drill into the side of the can, is it? makes me a bit nervous, but they seem so much more substantial than the vinyl stickers...any suggestions?

:don'tknow:
mine only came with the vinyl stickers and since they give you 4-5 hp/sticker make sure you find a place for all of 'em on your bike:rolleyes:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my old school leo vinces- bought new from a local guy who never put them on his bike before he sold it. me so happy! i ordered the cat eliminator pipe separately from leo vince here in richmond, ca. (heh, theres a richmond ca(nada) as well, yes?) baffles are in. and will stay in.

Looks good! :thumbup: Can't wait to see and hear them in person. Where's your fender eliminator???

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
no eliminator for me. i appreciate how a bike looks more with its fender in place, and turnsignals where they should be, operating clearly as designed!

a very graceful compromise is the rear fender on the new r6. with a smooth undertail and this graceful ladder-type support holding the small fender and signals. beautiful!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, there's Leo's everywhere...lol

I just fitted mine last weekend, only the Aluminium style, but I think they look sweet. (mine had the metal LV logo's already on them :thumbup:).
It's like riding a brand new bike again, much louder, more power, and the "buzz" i used to feel at around 5000 RPM seems to have gone.

The local shop got them in for a guy, but they got the wrong ones, he had an '07 bike, and they pipes they recieved were for '04 - '06... lucky me.

All I know is, I almost get a hard-on when riding again...lol

I took a short vid on my phone too, (picture keeps freezing but sound works fine).
[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9ozAyegE0"]YouTube - FZ6S - Leo Vince pipes[/ame]

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, Leo's are da bomb! Do you have the baffles in or out? (i took mine out ;) ) I dont think there is a difference for the different years, isnt the exhaust system the same for 04-06 as to 07-08? Anyhow enjoy them!