Leo Vince Install

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you joined the forum. It is a great place. I would certainly try the battery unplug for a couple of minutes. Hopefully, that will help. Had mine dyno'ed using DB killer, so have not tried riding without them. I would be curious to know how your bike would run with a tank of premium fuel. When my set came in, it seemed to run smoother with premium before it was dyno'ed.

Last edited:

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
k i will try the battery-unplugging.

In Belgium we have only choice in RON95 and 98 and i run on 95.
Since there are a few people here from Belgium, where should i go for a TB sync?

and if I'm going to buy some killers, should i look for NR32's for both of the cans?

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be curious to know how your bike would run with a tank of premium fuel. When my set came in, it seemed to run smoother with premium before it was dyno'ed.

In Belgium we have only choice in RON95 and 98 and i run on 95.

I always run RON98 (and not the RON98 from "discount warehouses" (Makro/Metro etc.)) and my bike seemed to be running a bit smoother as well.

Since there are a few people here from Belgium, where should i go for a TB sync?

and if I'm going to buy some killers, should i look for NR32's for both of the cans?

A TB-sync is so easy, you'd better do it yourself instead of paying some place to do it....

As for the dB-killers; it would help to see a picture of your actual exhaust, as there are different versions of Leo's :) (and they were all called "SBK EvoII :disapprove).
But, just to let you know: dB-killers will cost between €40-50, EACH.
For that price, I would buy myself a Carbtune and get the TB-sync done myself and enjoy the full sound of those exhaust pipes.
But maybe you could contact the previous owner, to see if he has the dB-killers somewhere?

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Do u have a carbtune? Where do u live in Belgium?

I'm in Ghent..
No, I don't have a Carbtune anymore, as I've sold it.

You could go ask your local dealer to give you an estimate for syncing the throttle bodies :)
Or just buy a Carbtune from their website, use it, and sell it for nearly the same amount of cash you bought it for :D
Do you have a PCIII already? If not, check out this guy. He has a company that imports motorcycle, returns them to stock form, and sells all the aftermarket stuff for good prices....
I've got mine PCIII from him years ago, as well as a couple of shocks for various bikes :D

Grtz,

Degake

BjornR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I installed my Leovince SBK last year. One thing I'm still curious about is that in my 'T-pipe', the drilled hole in the connection to the left side can/ 90 degree pipe (seen from rear) is a lot smaller than the diameter of the pipe itself.

Perhaps hard to understand what I mean but, obviously there is a hole drilled in to the pipe and another piece of pipe is then welded on there to get the 'T' shape... This is the connection just before the 90 degree pipe which then connects to the can.

This restricts the exhaust flow to the left can...

Does anyone else know if it supposed to be that way?

Thanks

Dead_Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I installed my Leovince SBK last year. One thing I'm still curious about is that in my 'T-pipe', the drilled hole in the connection to the left side can/ 90 degree pipe (seen from rear) is a lot smaller than the diameter of the pipe itself.

Perhaps hard to understand what I mean but, obviously there is a hole drilled in to the pipe and another piece of pipe is then welded on there to get the 'T' shape... This is the connection just before the 90 degree pipe which then connects to the can.

This restricts the exhaust flow to the left can...

Does anyone else know if it supposed to be that way?

Thanks

It's supposed to be like that. Right can is main flow, left can is runoff/secondary.

BjornR

Reaction score
Visit site
It's supposed to be like that. Right can is main flow, left can is runoff/secondary.

Okay thanks.

Well I got suspicious on that because at perhaps 65-70mph / 110-120km/h on 6th gear (different speed on other gears, but roughly the same rpms which iI do not remember right now but anyway) the exhaust noise gets a little bit different. I would best describe the sound like pulses or something simular to that. On higher/lower rpm's / higher/lower speeds it disappears...

So for a while there I thought that pulse sound appeared due to that small hole and that it was a manufacturing miss...

Is it the same on your bike? It's kind of disturbing since you would think that something is going on, but I have tested different PC IV maps and there is no change. DB killers are installed.

Regards

Last edited:

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the post...MOST helpful I installed my Leo's last weekend, only took about 4 hours...with beer breaks.

The only part that was A LOT of trouble i had was how to setup the new "y" bracket that supports the fender and plate...nothing seemed to fit perfectly, and I was never very good at puzzles. But I finally got it together, not like this is a structural part of the bike so no worries.

LOVE the sound, perfect for what I was looking for, better tone, and a little warning bark for the cagers during my commute!

Thanks again!

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
2936619938_4dd467d666.jpg

i have these on my bike without db-killers, now im looking wich one's i should order?

the left exhaust is shorter than the right. I've seen that one of the killers is a NR12 is the shorter one also a 12?

Last edited:

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
k thx, cause i really need them, because I do a lot of city driving and drive also a lot with friends. So I want to make the sound more bearable for the surrounds :thumbup:

so they should look like this one
images

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get it, I went to the leovince website and searched for the exhausts. then it statet in the pdf that a db-killer nr32 is installed, so I search for that one and i get that picture.

Can someone direct me to the correct ones please?

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I found witch killers I need.
images

If someone can please confirm this please? They are NR11 db-killers and i found a problable compatibility with my cans.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
images

If someone can please confirm this please? They are NR11 db-killers and i found a problable compatibility with my cans.

Send a mail to this shop and you'll be 100% certain about which dB-killers you'll need :)

Grtz,

Degake

edit: after doing some research, the part number of the dB-killer you need is 307037801R. This is indeed dB-killer NR11.

(But boy, are those dB-killers expensive :ban: :eek:)

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
images

that looks like the ones i have in mine, mind came with them though, didn't have to buy anything extra

i think leo make a couple of different styles of exhaust for the fz6

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i know they are expensive, but i've bought my bike quite cheap and the previous owner didn't have them anymore.

It will be about €92 with shipping.