Leo Vince Install

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that I read this, I had just one question. How important is it to reset the electronic control for the exhaust flow? I didn't dis-connect the battery and wonder if that was bad...

Thx for the great post!
:rockon:

I never disconnected my battery and mine runs perfectly. If it's anything like car computers, it should learn and adjust on its own.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
I through that piece of gray plastic junk that sits around the pipes... in the closet. Looks great and less tacky with it off!

johnnybravo75_01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
do you know if there are any differences in the Leo Vince SBK EvoII pipes for the models 2004-2006 and the 2007(which I own). I found them brand new at a very reasonable price but am worried about the fitting as the product description states they are for the '04-'06 models? In theory I believe it is the same bike but I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed this last year and have a piece left over. I wonder if it's supposed to be put on or not. I don't think so because it wasn't in the instructions, but just want to be sure. It's the plastic cover thing. Picture below.

7.62fmj

Reaction score
Visit site
I joined up specifically to read this thread ... it's good ... just wish I'd read it before I bought the Leo's. Finish is good but the fit could/should be a lot better. I did file 2mm off of the st/st bracket where it fits into the fender unit. I also filed 3mm off of the bikes bottom bracket in order for it to clear the LH can but even now it touches slightly. Baffles out. No PC. Sounds gr8. Will I buy LV's again ... nope. Lucky I got 'em cheap. £300 for the carbon units fresh outta the box:thumbup:

Keep up the good work here guys ... I appreciate informative forums.

I'll introduce myself later and elsewhere:wav:

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Just my luck, I see this post 5 days after I installed mine. Finally got to get out today and put some miles on them. Sounds so much nicer. I didn't disconnect the battery. Bike seemed to run fine. If anything, it was a little easier to let out the clutch from a stop. Prior to the Leo's there seemed to be a slight bog. Or maybe I was just giving it a little more throttle to hear the sound. Yeah, probably the latter! :BLAA:

7.62fmj

Reaction score
Visit site
LV's been on for a week now .... love the sound and the performance is well improved. Not a bad little bike for £2,400 ... 2009 plate. It only had 2,000 miles on it as well. Looks like a brand new machine. Best VFM bike I've ever had.

Raffe

Reaction score
Visit site
After that, you can remove the whole upper rear assembly. Dis-connect the lighting connector and remove the bolts where the wrenches are shown(six all together).

Not sure if anybody has pointed out earlier, but that should be 8 bolts total. :)
I marked the last bolt in picture:

Mainefz

Reaction score
Visit site
Bear with me, tried to do an extensive step-by-step for everyone who is considering this. First thing is to dis-connect battery so the electronic control will reset for the new exhaust flow. I left it undone for the whole install.

Jman,

Thanks for the help; good job with what you showed me. It installed just fine.
Question(s) - I also installed a K&N filter at the same time. The bike starts fine but runs like it's FLAT...no life...did you end up installing a power commander or the like? There are a bunch out here.
Maybe if I seached the forum, I might see something...

Your help appreciated.

Vaughn - Maniefz in Central Maine

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jman,

Thanks for the help; good job with what you showed me. It installed just fine.
Question(s) - I also installed a K&N filter at the same time. The bike starts fine but runs like it's FLAT...no life...did you end up installing a power commander or the like? There are a bunch out here.
Maybe if I seached the forum, I might see something...

Your help appreciated.

Vaughn - Maniefz in Central Maine

I did (PCIII), but I wouldn't think it should run flat for you, though.

mass835

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone need some pictures of the LV one setup? A lot of it is the same but mine came with some additional brackets for the fender mount. The original post shows that style exhaust reuses the stock bracket.

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone need some pictures of the LV one setup? A lot of it is the same but mine came with some additional brackets for the fender mount. The original post shows that style exhaust reuses the stock bracket.

I just installed my LV one a couple days ago. I was wondering about that, too. Are you talking about that V shaped bracket that sits under the two cans?

I ended up using the stock bracket like this thread indicates. Didn't use the new bracket that came with the kit. It touches the left can a little bit on the bottom, so I was worried about melting/damaging the electrical wires in there. But after a 160 mile ride through the mountains and desert, everything still looks fine. :thumbup:

mass835

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed my LV one a couple days ago. I was wondering about that, too. Are you talking about that V shaped bracket that sits under the two cans?

I ended up using the stock bracket like this thread indicates. Didn't use the new bracket that came with the kit. It touches the left can a little bit on the bottom, so I was worried about melting/damaging the electrical wires in there. But after a 160 mile ride through the mountains and desert, everything still looks fine. :thumbup:

Yea thats the one I'm talking about

braden07

Reaction score
Visit site
I find it amazing that even 3+ years later the thread originator continues to help out and people still using this for their installs.. im buying my cans in july and will def use the thread for the install.. i too will be using the lv one cans and i am wondering where are yall buying yours from? found for 515 on indysuperbikes.com. as far as i can tell its the best price around... thanks a ton to jman!! hope to see some fz6s at the world superbike comp next weekend!!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I find it amazing that even 3+ years later the thread originator continues to help out and people still using this for their installs.. im buying my cans in july and will def use the thread for the install.. i too will be using the lv one cans and i am wondering where are yall buying yours from? found for 515 on indysuperbikes.com. as far as i can tell its the best price around... thanks a ton to jman!! hope to see some fz6s at the world superbike comp next weekend!!

I have spoken with them (Indy Superbikes) on the phone before and remember having a positive impression of them. :Sport:

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
First timer here ;)

ive just bought me a fz6 and they came with leovince SBK evo II cans.
But they have no baffles/db-killers and my revs go up and down all the time when idling.

Would it help if i put db-killers in them? or should just unplugging the battery help?

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
First timer here ;)

ive just bought me a fz6 and they came with leovince SBK evo II cans.
But they have no baffles/db-killers and my revs go up and down all the time when idling.

Would it help if i put db-killers in them? or should just unplugging the battery help?

:welcome: to the forum! :D Make sure to introduce yourself in the "new members welcome" thread and post some pics :p

You could get the dB-killers to solve your loping idle; they give a bit more backpressure, which stabilizes the idling RPMs.
Or you could go without the dB-killers and do a TB-sync (I would suggest doing one as well if you do plan to go with the inserts) and maybe get a powercommander + tune...
That would definately solve your loping idle and give you the full benefit of the Leovinces. ;)

Grtz,

Degake

Send from my HTC One X

Last edited: