Leo Vince install

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I am installing a new Leo Vince exhaust on my 07 FZ6 where the new header pipe attaches is not flared wide enough to fit. Is there an easy way to flare this pipe end or a tool I can buy? Any advice would be appreciated!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you take a picture for us? Almost sounds like the exhaust is not right for your model year. LV should fit easily without modifications (unless you have a Givi top rack).

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
The pipe on the left is the LV and the right is the stock. everything on the bike right now is stock. Shot is attached below.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone with 1st gen FZ6 please chime in. I have a feeling the LV is for 1st gen.

I no longer have mine, so I can't tell you for sure, but I remember that piece went on like butter.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The pipe on the left is the LV and the right is the stock. everything on the bike right now is stock. Shot is attached below.
I will chime in since I have Erci's LV's. The pipe coming up from the header is roughly 46mm O.D. where is slides onto the header. It should be the slotted end of the riser pipe the slides onto the header.

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
The slotted end is still to large to fit into the header connection...any idea on how to shrink or compress this slotted end? I figured everything would just go together nice and smooth....apparently not so much! LOL

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine fit sweet. I would go to whoever you got the exhaust from and get the correct one. You should not have to do nothing but slide it together. Mines is also an 07 and I love my Leo's. I did remove the cat also. Hope this helps. :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The slotted end is still to large to fit into the header connection...any idea on how to shrink or compress this slotted end? I figured everything would just go together nice and smooth....apparently not so much! LOL
The slotted end fits over the header connection.

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to one of the tech's at LV and he said the slotted end should go into the header connection, problem still is that the slotted connection is the same size as the header???

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have LV exhaust and when I removed my headers to clean them, the fitment was really snug with the de-cat pipe. Can you spread open the slotted end enough to slip it over the header?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have LV exhaust and when I removed my headers to clean them, the fitment was really snug with the de-cat pipe. Can you spread open the slotted end enough to slip it over the header?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
I just read the install instructions and it says "fit link pipe onto header....."

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually got to talk to engineer today and you are correct it slips on over the header, apparently it helps to remove the OEM gasket! :(

Thanks everyone for your comments, it did help troubleshoot/fix the issue!

Cheers, Scott