Leo Vince: bad design => unsymmetrical colour

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Given that the right hand side pipe is the one that's getting most of the exhaust gas out (the left side is T-connected while right side is straight), most fumes go out of the right side. Even after a ride the right side is hot, left side is cool and not even warm..

That hasn't bothered me much until now, when I noticed that the right side is kinda yellowish from the fumes, while the left side is still white as it was when brand new (installed couple of weeks ago).

The problem is not functional, but aesthetic. Somebody riding/driving behind me will definitely be able to see how the two pipes look different. Anyone had this problem with Leos or other exhausts?

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Given that the right hand side pipe is the one that's getting most of the exhaust gas out (the left side is T-connected while right side is straight), most fumes go out of the right side. Even after a ride the right side is hot, left side is cool and not even warm..

That hasn't bothered me much until now, when I noticed that the right side is kinda yellowish from the fumes, while the left side is still white as it was when brand new (installed couple of weeks ago).

The problem is not functional, but aesthetic. Somebody riding/driving behind me will definitely be able to see how the two pipes look different. Anyone had this problem with Leos or other exhausts?

Just clean the right side more often ;) :BLAA:
I have this to with my Leovince LV's, but it isn't that much of a deal to me :)

Grtz,

Degake

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had this problem. I seem to remember that both sides give almost identical exhaust flow.

Do you still have the cat pipe in? Maybe there is some sort of obstruction in the left side?

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had this problem. I seem to remember that both sides give almost identical exhaust flow.

Do you still have the cat pipe in? Maybe there is some sort of obstruction in the left side?

Cat is gone, installed everything correctly. There is no obstruction because gas goes out from the left too, just not as much I guess. See this:

======>==== right
V
V
======>==== left

I'm not surprised, obviously right would get more than the left.. I'm just thinking it's "not fair" to the left, lol

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya its just the way the t or y is designed it puts more flow on the right side, you could experiment around with putting a db killer in the right side and see if it will push more gas to the left to try and even out the coloration...once its to your liking remove it

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get the same thing with my SS Scorpions. If Im looking at bike from the back, my right side gets more exhaust and heat for same reason you've described. I just make sure I clean 'em up every once in awhile to stop it from getting too bad. A quick rub down with my old friend Autosol works well.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk