leebo9066

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, guys need some advice please and hope one of you can help , I have not owned my FZ6 F2 for long but have one or to probs first being ABS light keeps
coming on after engine start up , don't know if this is related to it also but when engine is on or around tick over lights slightly flicker , it can even be seen on the dash panel illuminations.
Also not knowing if all fazers S2 do this the first segment on the taco that's from zero to 2000 rpm pulses up and down even when the revs are increased . the rest of taco above this works just fine .
( Any help or ideas would be gratefully accepted )

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also not knowing if all fazers S2 do this the first segment on the taco that's from zero to 2000 rpm pulses up and down even when the revs are increased . the rest of taco above this works just fine

I don't have an ABS model so I can't comment on that, but on my 2004 the first bar of the tach flashes until the bike gets to operating temperature.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, guys need some advice please and hope one of you can help , I have not owned my FZ6 F2 for long but have one or to probs first being ABS light keeps
coming on after engine start up , don't know if this is related to it also but when engine is on or around tick over lights slightly flicker , it can even be seen on the dash panel illuminations.
Also not knowing if all fazers S2 do this the first segment on the taco that's from zero to 2000 rpm pulses up and down even when the revs are increased . the rest of taco above this works just fine .

:welcome:to our great forum!

Some flicker when the starter engages is normal. Does the ABS light go out and stay out once the engine is started? There may be an ABS self test at start up that is normal.

You may have a poor connection. The instrument cluster relies on a data line as well as a ground for the instrument processor. The ground provides a zero reference as well as the negative path for the lights and electronics in the cluster. After checking your connections at the battery to make sure they are not loose, check the voltage with a digital multimeter.(DMM) Static voltage should be about 12.8 VDC. While cranking the engine voltage should be 10 VDC or better. If the battery and source voltage look good, disconnect the negative battery cable and set it aside so it can't connect with the battery terminal. Then go to the plug that is connected to the instrument cluster and disconnect it, inspecting it for damage or discoloration of the connecting pins. If they look good, rinse them out with cold water and blow dry with compressed air to alleviate any possible salt contamination. Finish the plug with dielectric grease. There is a conductive grease but don't use the conductive type grease. Use the non-conductive type that will seal out further contamination and help keep signals discrete (non-interfering).
Sometimes the smallest amount of saline(salt) contaminate will give a signal path that will cause interference to the data signals.
Please let us know what you find.:)

Last edited:

leebo9066

Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply I will not be off work for a few days but shall do as you say when I get chance and let you know Regards leebo9066.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder why Cliff doesn't speak English, and then I remember he's an electrical genius

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder why Cliff doesn't speak English, and then I remember he's an electrical genius��
Thanks Neil. I'm no where near a genius but I enjoy helping if I can.:)

Oh yeah...I don't speak English. I speak Merican :p

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

First of all welcome to the forum Leebo :thumbup:

I have the ABS version and only saw the light flashing once, and that was after I had drained my battery leaving my heated grips on. After bump starting my bike and riding about an half hour it stopped flashing and everything worked fine again. BTW if the ABS light flashes the ABS doesn't work but the brakes do :thumbup:

BTW I lived in Market Rasen for a few years and went to college in Louth for a while. I've got an old school mate who still lives in Louth and has recently become a riding instructor.

leebo9066

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, guys thanks for your help at the moment the bike seems to have a faulty rear brake ABS sensor . One is on its way , its partly my fault when stripping brakes down for service the wiring that's moulded into the sensor was iffy at best may have been damages by previous owner and I finished it off . which may have been a good thing for any future probs when out on a long run . I can only assume the sensor that's now faulty is my next issue the bike wont start hoping the new one will fix both problems .

leebo9066

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, guys many thanks for your help re my problems , I have at last got to my bike to sort it out have found ABS system was a faulty connector under the tank which made warning light appear now and again when it felt like it , seems to be fine now .
Also the flickering lights on low revs were dirty plug into the rectifier . So all seems tickety boo so far . Once again BIG THANK YOU TO ALL.