LED accent lighting

Are they Gay?

• Total voters

fireman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my LEDs set up like Bonemans. Personally I love the look of them plus extra lights never hurt when riding at night, it helps to be seen. The install took a few hours mostly figuring out were I wanted to place them. I ran the switch under the seat in the triangle opening on the left hand side (didnt want to run more wires to handle bars). I dont have any pics yet I will try to get some, maybe tomorrow its suppose to be nice finally. I bought my LEDs from LEDs - underbody kits, cathodes, flexible LED strips, dome lights they were reasonably priced and had fast shipping. Go for it if you want, its your bike.:thumbup:

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When they had the big Harley fest down here in Galveston, I was out at night for some reason (very rare for me) but I would say just about every Harley had accent lighting.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted no (but to be politically correct I am not saying they are "gay"). Nothing wrong with some visibility lights but "pimp my ride" I don't go for. To each their own, bro.

rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
I voted no (which is really yes do it). For my taste, keep it simple. I have seen some that I really like. LEDs are kind of like paint jobs. I have seen people spend thousands on a paint job that I wouldn't have if it was free. The nice thing about it is, it is your bike and do it the way you want it.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Brian, have you decided yet? My new FZ1 has green accent lights on it, like what Boneman's bike (used to) has. Not sure I like them that much, I think they are a bit 'flashy' for me
but it's your bike do what you like! :thumbup:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the Audi LED's and Red LED's in the exhaust shroud. I like the LED look and put some LED's to shine on my front and rear fenders and soon in the engine area. Like it or not I like it. Gay? get with it, what are you 12 years old with that term??? lol

3686028154_43c4f45f92.jpg

27817d1273980600t-led-exhaust-lights-img_0622.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
it was hard getting a good picture in the dark but here is mine
Ya Big Pimp!!!! Hahaha! Actually it looks sort of cool.

My neighbor bought a BIG Yamaha Sratoliner. It's like a 1800cc V-twin. He saw another cruiser that had blue LEDs and want them bad. I took him to a lamp shop that carried specialty lights and he just had to have them. Of course you know who had to install them! He is so happy with them and he's got so much chrome on that bike you see them reflecting off the engine in sun light!

Last edited:

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
i got them on ebay for about 20 bucks...only 4 leds n switch but if strategically placed work ok. need a few more on the throttle side. only thing is if your going to do it you may wanna check local laws. I cant ride around with them on since blue is designated for a police officer.

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah each to there own the blue looks o.k on the white. i would probably get a canary and sent straight to the pits as soon as the first cop saw me here :BLAA: i do like the red led on the tail my last bike came with rear led tail lights looked cool

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm weird about this one. On cars, as long as it's interior lighting, and kept reasonable, I think it's cool. And by reasonable, I mean replacing the stock stuff with colored LED's, and maybe a little extra. But not too flashy. Other than that, I hate accent lighting on cars.

On motorcycles, I kind of like it. I'm tempted to do something minimal on my FZ. I like seeing the engine lit up a bit. But I'm lazy, and getting tired of wiring things, so I probably won't. lol

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I placed one on the inside of the engine mount on the left side, two on the inside lip of the front fairing facing the radiator, I think thats it. They were off of ebay. I don't believe they had a name on them. The ones in the fairing are flat rectangle with 4 or 5 led's in each and the one in the mount is round with 4 led's in it.

long ones looked like this:
41%2B6khnBfCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pods looked like this, of course they are blue not green though:
greenpod.jpg

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that blue lighting on the black FZ6 looks awesomer than I thought it would...

Too bad we can't run blue in FL. Really considering running some blue ones along with the white or green. Some kind of three position switch so I can run blue where it's legal, and run white or green everywhere else.

Hmm...

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My friend got some red ones for his R6 so I dont want to get them just because he got them first! I like the look of the white ones on the engine, they look great!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My friend got some red ones for his R6 so I dont want to get them just because he got them first! I like the look of the white ones on the engine, they look great!

I have a pair of red ones I am adding to the inside of the exhaust, I will be using them as brake lights.