Visit site
Painted radiator covers

radiatorcovers.jpg

And tinted rear signals

tintedsignals.jpg

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
nice, the radiator side cover is very quick and simple yet makes a bid difference in the look. it was one of the early mods for me and i love it. :rockon:

the tinted turn signal is cool, did you do it yourself or did you order covers?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the tinted turn signal is cool, did you do it yourself or did you order covers?

Did it myself. Had a bunch of leftover lens tint paint which I originally used to tint the stock screen. Not as easy as radiator covers, since taping is required, but still far from hard.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the tinted signals, how do they look all around w/o tinting anything else?

I think it works very well on my bike. My front is all custom.. dual round headlights and small clear signals right next to them. On the back, there were too many colors in one spot for my liking.. bright red reflector next to orange signals. The picture actually makes them look quite bright. In the shade, they're almost black.. they blend in nicely.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks really nice.

Painting those is on my big list of things to do this winter.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
another question, outside of the signals that Im growing a liking for, are those reflective rim stripes. I purchased some and have been aprehensive to put them on, because Im not sure how well the blue will match, but yours look awesome!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
another question, outside of the signals that Im growing a liking for, are those reflective rim stripes. I purchased some and have been aprehensive to put them on, because Im not sure how well the blue will match, but yours look awesome!

Thanks! :D Yup.. those are reflective strips. #1 reason why I love them... it allowed me to remove fork reflectors (the ones mounted to caliper bolts) and side rear fender reflectors. The color matches relatively well.

(Not the freshest pic, but gives you good view of strips)

31842d1287945184-riding-game-tank.jpg

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I dind't know about VHT Nite-Shades™
I was looking to replace the directional lensses for clear ones and the original bulbs for orange ones, they don't sell those here (usa) and it was to expensive for what they are.
This is a great idea, i'll do it.

Thanks

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I dind't know about VHT Nite-Shades™
I was looking to replace the directional lensses for clear ones and the original bulbs for orange ones, they don't sell those here (usa) and it was to expensive for what they are.
This is a great idea, i'll do it.

Thanks

Be careful applying the VHT night shades. I tried tinting the windscreen using this stuff and it did not come out really that good. When they say light coats the are not kidding. I tried to build up the extent of tint too fast using heavier coats the way you would with spray paint.. not good... not happy with it. looking now to replace the screen. my bad for being impatient. oh well, onto puig I go...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful applying the VHT night shades. I tried tinting the windscreen using this stuff and it did not come out really that good. When they say light coats the are not kidding. I tried to build up the extent of tint too fast using heavier coats the way you would with spray paint.. not good... not happy with it. looking now to replace the screen. my bad for being impatient. oh well, onto puig I go...

Yup, Definitely have to go slow. 1st coat should barely change the color.. almost like it's not on there. Keep going slow from there.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFrnhbxPk7Q&hd=1]YouTube - 2007 Yamaha FZ6 FAZR6 Fender Eliminator and OEM tinted signals[/ame]