Latest Runaway Toyota Prius a LOAD?

Latest Toyota Prius runaway accelerator case: B.S.?

• Yes, the stinko-meter is registering very high

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • No, the driver, James Sikes, is not out for fame or $$$

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I spent enough time in Cali this past fall to know that 95% of prius drivers feel they are in a race.. I call B.S.!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BS!!!

Let me get on top of my soapbox here. Toyota is a manufacturer that has been producing quality vehicles for decades (compared to GM, I HATE GM BY THE WAY)... it's unfortunate that people got hurt and even died (media should do fundraisers for the victims or something like that instead of posting this crap).

It's just a sign of out times... CEOs want to make more money than all of their employees combined and take cheap shortcuts. Nobody asks or criticizes them! And the media will do anything for a buck... they are all tabloids at heart and give you a Bigfoot story instead of facts or even the truth :liar:

I agree. Every one gets blamed for the most part except the ones who should be responsible. I was talking to a Yoda mechanic last week and he asked me why you don't hear of these problems in Japan or in Europe? He said these problems seem to be happening here in the U.S. And yes the media here is always trying to sell soap and pharmaceuticals!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I spent enough time in Cali this past fall to know that 95% of prius drivers feel they are in a race.. I call B.S.!

That might have some truth. I seem to see a lot of prius drivers not driving green! It's hard to really say though. If the car has a genuine problem the gas peddle shouldn't stick because of a heavy foot. Yeah I think it's TBS!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it's a new TPS recall? :rof:

Also, in CA? They aren't in a race, all their gas pedals are stuck?

This guy is another "Balloon Boy" case... totally in it for the attention. Total moron. Put him on a Barbie pedal bike with the basket and tassles. He shouldn't be on the road.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
why you don't hear of these problems in Japan or in Europe? He said these problems seem to be happening here in the U.S.

Hi, Mr. nccoder.
I'm pretty sure that similar (sudden acceleration, gas pedal stuck...) incidents are/were happened in many other countries too.
Some other companies' cars too have similar problems >> isn't it interesting?
We just don't have many chances to see in the news.
And those most incidents were turned into Driver's Mistake (???)
by insurance companies, car production companies or else interested groups....
Just for FYI....

IMHO, the worst part is that car companies tried to hide these faulty in the first time when it happened;
to cover their mistakes under the hood.
And it gets worse... means that faulty was not fixed after all since then.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:D:D
toyotaMODEL.jpg

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Great shirt. Voted BS on this one. There was a test done on Sikes' car and another Prius and they could not duplicate anything that he claimed. Everytime they floored the gas and then hit the brakes the car would slow down. Kinda funny how it only happens once, must of fixed the problem when he bumped the CHP car.