Latest FZ8 news

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I started this thread so that only REAL FZ8 info can be posted. No 'possible' photoshopped pics here.

What do we know about it so far? Any word on a release date? Will it be here in the US? Anyone heard anything from their dealers? I thought I read that it was supposed to be shown @ a motorcycle show that ended yesterday, but I'm unable to get any solid infomation.

Anyone post if you know anything.

thanks

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha is very good about keeping this secret. Do like everyone else, sign up for their news updates on their website and you'll know when we know :)

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I've already signed up, but I would have at least thought they would have given a release date being as it's almost 2010. Am I wrong in thinking that?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Where do we sign up for that? I looked on the yamaha site and didn't see anything to receive updates.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I've already signed up, but I would have at least thought they would have given a release date being as it's almost 2010. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Yamaha traditionally announces their line-up in Sept/Oct. Either the FZ8 is on a different timeline or it will be announced with the 2011 line-up. :don'tknow:

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually did hear from a dealer who thought it could be a 2011 model, however they are annoucing it waaaaaay early if that's the case. I wonder if it will actually be the next evolutionary step of the FZ6, or simply be a 800cc naked? If I can find the Yamaha FZ8 sign up link I'll post it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The question is... Did Dennis already register the site? Yamaha FZ8 Forum Community Admin? :D

Oh WOW! It IS there! :D I didn't even look before typing that URL. :thumbup: Way to go Dennis! Whois has got Dennis all over it!

Last edited:

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I emailed a buddy of mine who works @ motorcycle-usa this afternoon about any new 'news' for the FZ8. This guy is one of the most well-known bike editors in the biz. If anyone knows he will. Will post when I get a response.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
just got this email from Yamaha

Net.Work
FZ8 News
11/01/2010
New FZ8
Dear [first name],

Thank you for signing up for the FZ8 news.
As registered member you’ll receive the latest FZ8 developments the very moment they get released.

It’s been a while since the first sneak preview of the headlight shot and you’re probably eager to get more. Rest assured your patience will soon pay off. Keep an eye on your inbox as in the next couple of weeks more news will be coming your way!

Stay tuned,

Yamaha
FZ Range*
© Copyright Yamaha 2008, 2009 | Unsubscribe

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a few weeks.. just give us the picture.. its not like they are going to release it in the us, so let us see it to drool over something we'll have to wait a few years for...

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
a few weeks.. just give us the picture.. its not like they are going to release it in the us, so let us see it to drool over something we'll have to wait a few years for...

Totally agree. A picture and specs is all we need. I just want to know if this thing will be the Yamaha version of the Street Triple 'R' as I hope it will be. I gave up hope long ago that it would be a better/newer version of the current FZ6.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see why Yamaha wouldn't release this in the USA.
All of the competitors do well in the US:
Triumph Street Triple R (very popular)
BMW F800R (big following)
Kawasaki Z750 (maybe not this bike as much)
I'll add the Ducati Monster as a competitor too, and that sells really well here.

I don't see why Yamaha wouldn't want to go after a slice of the street fighter pie.