Laser Quad question…

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased Laser Quads from another form member. Unfortunately, it was missing bolts that hold them together (see pictures below) and install instructions (which I hear are horrible, but, would probably provide some help).

Those of you who have Quads, can you tell me what size/type the bolts that are supposed to be on there? Also, do you still have install instructions you can scan and send me?

View attachment 23702

View attachment 23703

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't personally help (got a diff custom exhaust), but you could try emailing the producer of Laser Quads and getting the information from them, its probably the most accurate way of getting the info!
Also maybe see if anyone here has done a tutorial, I haven't seen one but you might get lucky with the search feature if you haven't tried already.

Otherwise if you have a good local dealer/mechanic they might give you the bolts if you take it in to them, they should be pretty inexpensive.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple of comments though may not be 100% help.

- You usually only need that extension (piece 54 that drops b/w the two halves) if you're using the OEM fender - it you have a FE it's not needed. If this is the case, you won't need the bolts for the round end (2nd pic) and there are two existing bolts that hold the the OEM muffler to the frame for the flat end (1st pic) that you could re-use

- In the event, that you decide you need the bolts, I'd take the extension piece and a bolt from the OEM muffler (1st pic) with me to the hardware store and buy stainless cap head bolts. Buy the ones for the first pic with same thread but just a little longer - by the height of the the flat section of the extension since that's the only reason I can think that you'd need the bolts they include. Test fit the in the round end until you find what you need.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am intending to keep my fender because it covers the not so pretty GIVI rack bar that is going across on back of my bike. I have not had a good luck with getting any answers from the FosterRAD (manufacturers of this particular setup) unfortunately. I came to believe they do not read any emails that are sent to them via their "contact us" feature in their web site as I have yet to get any response from them.

I was hoping somebody here would give me some pointers on the install. Search on the forum did not turn up anything for me other than pictures of people who have done it.

I guess, I'll come up with something myself and post the "how to" of my solution for future generations. :)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I am intending to keep my fender because it covers the not so pretty GIVI rack bar that is going across on back of my bike. I have not had a good luck with getting any answers from the FosterRAD (manufacturers of this particular setup) unfortunately. I came to believe they do not read any emails that are sent to them via their "contact us" feature in their web site as I have yet to get any response from them.

I was hoping somebody here would give me some pointers on the install. Search on the forum did not turn up anything for me other than pictures of people who have done it.

I guess, I'll come up with something myself and post the "how to" of my solution for future generations. :)
Have you verified that the givi will work with Lasers? I had a Shad rack so I didn't have to worry about it. Other than that, assuming that it's somewhat pre-assembled since you got it used (like the tips are already bolted into pairs using the brackets) I think you'll find this is a pretty simple job once you get into it. I removed my lasers and re-installed the oem muffler in about 30 mins total and could go back the other about as quickly.
- Remove seat, side pods and tail section
- undo tube clamp
- undo fender attachment
- undo two top bolts holding muffler and remove
- install y-pipe (loose)
- install collector boxes
- install end pipes
- install fender support
- tighten bolts
- replace tail, pods, seat

Last edited:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't need any additional bolts. Just reused the stock bolts.

bicityrolller already nicely outlined the instructions. Once you open everything up, you will automatically figure out what to do.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you verified that the givi will work with Lasers?

No, I didn't, but from the looks of it they will. If things do not line up all that well, I will have to build a new bracket for them. I will be taking the bike apart this weekend. I'll let you all know how things turn out.

Thanks for the install tips.