Reaction score
Visit site

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it passes in Oregon, Washington won't be far behind. After these two states, and California already allowing motorcyclist to split, it won't be long for other states to follow. So this is a very critical bill that needs to pass, not just for Oregon, but for the US.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This would be nice at times, but I gotta say there is a mentality of "owned space" and some people don't like to give it up.

It will take time for people to adapt and accept. Lets watch it unfold if mad legal.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Over here you can split in the eastern states only.
The excuse for not allowing it in Adelaide is that our traffic isn't congested enough, only 1.1 million or so people here so cant be too crowded on the one road that runs north south!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
The way I see it, the more congested traffic is, the easier it is to accept motorcyclists splitting it up. I mean, there's an increasing need to help traffic flow. Just as carpool lanes (do they actually help?) and efforts to get more on mass transit. Seems to me that if you're a frustrated job commuter and you see bikes splitting through logjams that you are going to be tempted to park the car and buy a motorcycle. Being in CA, if I'm running late or want to get somewhere quickest way possible during heavy traffic, it's a no brainer to choose the bike over car. During morning rush I probably probably save 2-3 light changes, each of which are probably at least one minute long (I could time them).

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mick, its only nearly legal in vic-- only a matter of time tho!

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
man, reading some of those comments on the linked website, I would not like to be a motorcyclist over there. It will take a long time before people get used to the idea I think. Drivers strike me as being very self-entitled.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
man, reading some of those comments on the linked website, I would not like to be a motorcyclist over there. It will take a long time before people get used to the idea I think. Drivers strike me as being very self-entitled.

Yeah, drivers don't like the idea of anyone getting an unfair advantage. But the reality is, our whole life revolves over unfair advantages. Whether it's standing in line at the airport with no bags or not, you're a premium frequent flyer member for a particular airline that allows you to be serviced first, whether you have 10 items or less to qualify to be in a shorter line at the grocery store, being in the car pool or HOV lane, etc.

The fact is, if you don't have that extra line or lane, the wait would just be longer for everyone.