Laminar Lip?

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on my cruiser windshield and it works well. Im not sure how effective it would work with the much smaller FZ6 screen.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on mine, and it has moved the air from mid torso to chin level. It is much better than stock alone, but I'm thinking of going with a gigantic touring windshield to get a quiet ride. :BLAA:

You can judge the look of it for yourself:
View attachment 38893

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on mine, and it has moved the air from mid torso to chin level. It is much better than stock alone, but I'm thinking of going with a gigantic touring windshield to get a quiet ride. :BLAA:

You can judge the look of it for yourself:

You're lucky. You have the new style windscreen. Check out the version for the 04-06 model and you'll understand my dilemma.

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on mine. I came with mine when I bought it. I have yet been able to removed the laminar lip for fear of breaking something.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Yamaha touring wind screen on mine and it moves the air up just about enough. BUT Is noisy as hell. I called Laminar lip to see if they made one for this windscreen and they do not. My is an 06 BTW.

I might try one of those clamp on adjustable ones to see if I can get the air up another couple of inches and quiet it down a bit. As soon as I have a $150 bucks I don't know what to do with LOL:

I have had Laminar lips on many of my past bikes and really like them. They move the air flow up without adding a taller windscreen bur do look kind of funky. But hey, who cares, it is a bike not a fashion statement. ;)

Here is what the one on my RT looks like.

IMG_0219.jpg

And here is the one on my RS. This one just had to go as it was SOOOO fugly.

P5280003.jpg

Marc

Last edited:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on mine. I came with mine when I bought it. I have yet been able to removed the laminar lip for fear of breaking something.

Take a dull knife, like a normal table knife, and wedge it in the Velcro and they come off fairly easily. That is a tough fastener they use for sure.

Then if you want to leave it off, use a hair drier and remover the fastener attached to the windshield followed up by a good dose of Goo-Gone to get the sticky stuff off.:thumbup:

Marc

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses.

I don't mind the way they look, though the one for the '07 and newer looks like a cleaner installation. What are those white stripes on the earlier one? A clamp of some sort?

This gadget would be a bit less than $100 with shipping. I guess I need to compare the price of a big touring windscreen too.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
The white stripes on either side are stickers that cover up the attachment disks. It it kind of like Velcro but on Steroids and holds REAL good.

Marc

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this because it is fully adjustable...albeit more expensive...

TwistedThrottle.com : MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade (clamp-on) - MRA.XCC

Richard

+1 on the MRA X-creen, only I got the bolt-on & love it! I've got it mounted atop a Cee Bailey 22" shield (I'm 6'1" by the way) & it 's a perfect set-up. I can get the air flow just where I want it & can adjust it down for warmer days & up for cooler ones. In the screen's upright-most setting I get zero buffeting & very low noise as long as my helmet vents are closed (a little noisy with vents open).

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the MRA X-creen, only I got the bolt-on & love it! I've got it mounted atop a Cee Bailey 22" shield (I'm 6'1" by the way) & it 's a perfect set-up. I can get the air flow just where I want it & can adjust it down for warmer days & up for cooler ones. In the screen's upright-most setting I get zero buffeting & very low noise as long as my helmet vents are closed (a little noisy with vents open).

The tall screen looks good to me, but the way I read their site Cee Bailey doesn't sell a windscreen for the '04 to '06 FZ6.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Yamaha touring wind screen on mine and it moves the air up just about enough. BUT Is noisy as hell. I called Laminar lip to see if they made one for this windscreen and they do not. My is an 06 BTW.

I might try one of those clamp on adjustable ones to see if I can get the air up another couple of inches and quiet it down a bit. As soon as I have a $150 bucks I don't know what to do with LOL:

I have had Laminar lips on many of my past bikes and really like them. They move the air flow up without adding a taller windscreen bur do look kind of funky. But hey, who cares, it is a bike not a fashion statement. ;)

Here is what the one on my RT looks like.

IMG_0219.jpg

And here is the one on my RS. This one just had to go as it was SOOOO fugly.

P5280003.jpg

Marc
That is one very nice clean looking Beemer [2nd pic]

Nelly

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
This looks exactly like what I've been looking for. Thanks!

In my opinion, the bolt-on deflector looks much better than the clamp-on (it's cheaper too!) but just BE CAREFUL drilling your windshield for the brackets. Drill slowly & don't press hard or the Cee Bailey will crack! I got a few very small hairline cracks because I was in a hurry, but you can't see them after the brackets are installed & they don't seem to be spreading. I'd thought about getting the 24" Cee Bailey with the MRA X-creen, but the wind flexes the 22" enough (also I got the 22" on eBay used for $35 :thumbup: ).