Laid 'er down: Turn signal issue.

silverx10

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got back from NAPA. As was said earlier in the thread, they do have the bulbs there. Problem is that they're missing the elusive center bar holding the filament.

Upon talking with one of the gents there, turns out he's seen something similar to the bar, but it was manufactured by the actual manufacturer themselves to hold the filament in place so that it doesn't vibrate out of place and hit the other filament during riding.

...So not seeing any point of buying another bulb exactly identical to the one I already have, I went home.

And actually swapped both bulbs from one pod to the other. Turns out that the left bulb will work flawlessly in the right one and the right bulb will work flawlessly in the left pod (to be clear, I was never under the impression that they were side-specific, I just never thought to put each bulb in the other's pod).

So yeah... that happened.

And I'm retarded.

Thanks again again to all those involved with assisting this noob.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got back from NAPA. As was said earlier in the thread, they do have the bulbs there. Problem is that they're missing the elusive center bar holding the filament.

Upon talking with one of the gents there, turns out he's seen something similar to the bar, but it was manufactured by the actual manufacturer themselves to hold the filament in place so that it doesn't vibrate out of place and hit the other filament during riding.

...So not seeing any point of buying another bulb exactly identical to the one I already have, I went home.

And actually swapped both bulbs from one pod to the other. Turns out that the left bulb will work flawlessly in the right one and the right bulb will work flawlessly in the left pod (to be clear, I was never under the impression that they were side-specific, I just never thought to put each bulb in the other's pod).

So yeah... that happened.

And I'm retarded.

Thanks again again to all those involved with assisting this noob.

You're not retarded. They can't be right/left specific. I bet it was installed improperly. Happens all the time.....Everyone who hasn't put something in bass ackwards raise their hands! See!!!!! Nobody!!!!
Good for you on finding it. Now go get the OEM bulbs....

silverx10

Reaction score
Visit site
Welp, I'd say this is the best way to bring this particular thread to a close. With everything in working order, I suited up and headed to the nearby inspection station. A quick once over, aaaaaaaaand...

Mission accomplished. :thumbup:

As always, appreciate the insight, and I shall be lurking the forums.