Kriega US 20 question

Reaction score
Visit site
For those that use this amazing bag, or any tail bag that secures with two straps:

The front strap (closest to rider) is secured against the latch under the seat to prevent it from moving back and off the bike. What is the best way to secure the back strap, as there is nothing except friction preventing it from sliding back and therefore out from under the seat? The bag won't go anywhere, but i'd like it to be secure nonetheless.

I thought about strapping/banding the bag straps together under the seat...?

Hope that makes sense :thumbup:

Thanks

ManxMann

Reaction score
Visit site
I have mine under the seat and through the grab rail, its a tight squeeze but the buckles will just fit through the holes towards to tank side of the seat. I can take some pictures if it helps.

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have the bag, and both straps run under the seat currently. It's just that after a lot of riding and twisties inducing motion, the back strap tends to loosen up from sliding backwards toward the rear light. The seat is slightly tapered too.

I'll have to look into using the grab rails, just don't want to mark her up, ya know?

And Manx, if it's no trouble, pics are always welcome!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Under the seat and through the grab rails is the way to go - stays put all day long.
Great bags too!

img7659n.jpg

sov

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the US 10 on my FZ6 strapped to the seat - no usage of the handles. The back strap does move rearward after a long ride, but it hasn't slipped out. I tied a small knot in the back strap and zip-tied it to the other strap which, as you say, is kept in place in front of the seat latch.

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly sov. That's hitting the nail on the head. I'll try that for a little added security.

Thanks for the great answers and the picture from victor. Helped me out.

Thanks again guys!