Side pannier bag fitting

Afgarrystan

Reaction score
Visit site
Very new to biking so not very up on fitting these things (pannier bags) to my bike. I bought a set of AK Revolve travel bags (Tank, side pannier and rear bag) but the instructions for fitting were VERY vague, apart from saying that the straps go under the seat, had that bit figured. They came with all the straps and bungees I could ever want so set about fitting to the bike, all looked nice and neat and side bags seemed to be well away from the rear tire (as I was told to check in said vague instructions). All went swimmingly until Short Stuff (daughter) got on the back and we set off for a bit of a trip, no problem there until, that is, I got back to find a dirty great big hole in the base of one of the bags, dont like friction these bags I thought to myself. The bag had rubbed on the rear tyre and no matter how I tried to fit the bags, with all the straps and bungees I could ever want, the bags seemed to want to commit hari kari on the rear tyre. So, after much blue air that had the neighbours closing their windows and pulling their children in doors away from "the crazy bike man" I gave up. Any good tips people, on how to fit soft pannier bags to the S2 without them getting cosy with the rear tyre? or should I just scrap bags and go for boxes.