$35 Tail Bag...Heck Yeah!!

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RN04VU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]this[/ame] bag off of Amazon not expecting a whole lot. I gotta say, I'm very pleasantly surprised at the quality for the low dollar investment. The zippers don't feal cheap, the material used is nice and thick, and there is some padding at the front so if it's full, it won't hurt your back pressing against it. As a pure grocery, and quick storage hold, it's enough for me as I didn't want to spend a small fortune.

It includes several straps for attachment. It comes with one long strap with male connector's at both ends (females on the bag) two medium straps, and two short straps. I used the one long strap on the front going under the seat. The bag rests perfectly on the top of the hump going to the rear pillion and the strap goes under this notch in the seat on our bikes creating a nice fit that does not interfere with the seat latch mechanism. The shortest straps are actually just long enough to wrap through the grab handle holes going through the back to the front and looping back again through the back and attaching to the rear attachments on the bag. There is still a bit of excess strap even using the short straps and wrapping through the grab handle holes but it can be tucked in for a nice, and clean looking installation. The straps have a soft rubber threading embedded in them so they shouldn't scratch the paint.

Here's some pictures. The bag also has some nice, reflective piping as well. The only word of warning, don't try to swing your leg over getting on/off the bike. I did this forgetting the bag was installed and pulled my groin something fierce. My wife is probably happy with the groin pull if you know what I mean LOL.

WP_20140606_003_zps607843aa.jpg

WP_20140606_001_zps1ad0a3e4.jpg

Last edited:

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have their saddle bags from the same set, which I like alot. Sadly most saddle bags don't fit the FZ6 very well without a support bracket. Hence why I ended up buying the Shad hard luggage.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I was eyeballing those as well and may end up buying a set. Do they droop alot? Was also considering the Nelson Rigg SPRT 40 bags. Are the bags as big as they look on the sample pic?

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I was eyeballing those as well and may end up buying a set. Do they droop alot? Was also considering the Nelson Rigg SPRT 40 bags. Are the bags as big as they look on the sample pic?

The bags dont droop per say, but I was worried they would hit the rear tire they swing so far in. Its not their fault. I used to use them with my 82 XJ650, and they were great, but with the FZ6 they just are not supported at all. I have seen other members use soft saddle bags without supports but they still swing in. Also most of the saddle bags I see others using are smaller and therefore less of a risk of swinging in and hitting the tire.

I would offer to sell you mine if you still wanted to try them but I leave on my trip tomorrow and wont be back for 6 weeks.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not bad. My 6 year old Nelson Rigg is about due for replacement, it's bleached out from sun damage and the handle just ripped off it was so dry rotted.

I see you have a throttle rocker. How do you like it? can you actually hold the throttle open only resting say your fingers on the rocker while cruising down the highway? My hand gets numb if I don't stretch out my fingers ever so often and I've been thinking about getting one.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
I see you have a throttle rocker. How do you like it? can you actually hold the throttle open only resting say your fingers on the rocker while cruising down the highway? My hand gets numb if I don't stretch out my fingers ever so often and I've been thinking about getting one.

For $35, it's worth the gamble.

The crampbuster is awesome. I haven't tried to use just my fingers tbh, as I just use the palm of my hand and rest my hand on the grip. With the grip puppies over the softer grip I have installed, my fingers don't get numb whatsoever nor do my hands. Well worth the $10 (grip puppies that is, crampbuster is $6 at CG). Yeah, kind of chintzy looking, but I don't care, comfort is most important for longer rides.

It's like grips for your grips...yo dawg, I heard you like grips so we got some grips for your grips while your gripping LOL.