Keep or take off?

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought these R6 side fairings off ebay for $20 and fit quite well on the bike without any modding what so ever just need some brackets etc to make the top half fit on the bike correctly

(for the pictures i held it together by wire)

Im going to plastic weld the right one and sand, paint and primer them both black so tell me what you guys think of em. (please no naked fz6 fan post)

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess they could work, but for me it'd be a no, they don't seem to quite "fit" the bike. But good luck should you mount them up!

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
i was guna do the same thing to mine, i bought a belly pan and then decided to try to make a full fairing from a r6 fit,and did, but when i got the lowers put on i thought to myself im guna order another set of lowers and if i ever want to go back to just the belly pan ill use those. and i might still make one later just to do it cuz i dont think i like the naked look anymore now that i got it all together. when i mounted all of my stuff on i used the bracket that came with the belly pan that i bought, but it wouldnt be hard to make one. it looks good though, when u paint it id do black with some silver or silver with a little back.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same bike, and I would leave them off. My 2 cents.
Spend your money on getting a new tank!

I tried looking for a tank but i only have that one dent in it and you cant really see if that much for $800 for a new one i think i can deal with the dent :p.

I got those fairings dirt cheap so it was really just a trial to see if i love the full fairing look and im really starting to. I want to do a full R6 mod to my bike saw couple threads of people doing this its very doable just takes time lol and its close to riding season so i probably wont get around to doing it. I actually wanted a R6 or an R1 when i bought my FZ6 but couldn't afford the 5-6k for a R6 locally or even higher for an R1... so i found this Fz6 for 2k and went to buy it the next day and i cant say i regret it cause i love the bike just hate the lack of fairings but for the price i wasn't gonna be picky since it is a really nice bike lol.

i was guna do the same thing to mine, i bought a belly pan and then decided to try to make a full fairing from a r6 fit,and did, but when i got the lowers put on i thought to myself im guna order another set of lowers and if i ever want to go back to just the belly pan ill use those. and i might still make one later just to do it cuz i dont think i like the naked look anymore now that i got it all together. when i mounted all of my stuff on i used the bracket that came with the belly pan that i bought, but it wouldnt be hard to make one. it looks good though, when u paint it id do black with some silver or silver with a little back.

Reaper so you did the R6 mod? how did you do yours any specifics you could throw my way that could help me out, or is it retardedly simple?

Last edited:

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought these R6 side fairings off ebay for $20 and fit quite well on the bike without any modding what so ever just need some brackets etc to make the top half fit on the bike correctly

(for the pictures i held it together by wire)

Im going to plastic weld the right one and sand, paint and primer them both black so tell me what you guys think of em. (please no naked fz6 fan post)

Take them off and leave well alone, that doesn't look right............Sorry

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i don' t really like them but i don' t really hate them either, they could work i think. very helpful eh?:D:spank:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a little bit to long IMO , if you shorten them up a bit to say the front of the foot pegs I reckon that it'll look great :thumbup:

I agree, the front end doesn't look too bad, but the rest extends almost to the back wheel. It just looks 'off'. Maybe adjust the rear with a dremel tool before painting?

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
it wasnt very hard, just took alot of time. when i put it together i made a thread i think its r6 lowers, check that out if it doesnt help or you have any other questions just hit me up.