Just picked up an FZ6, how did I do?

Sycotic

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing, stalling at lights. Felt like a fool, I've been riding for a month now and have gotten much better!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Already got my helmet but am going to gear up for sure. ATGATT definitely makes sense to me.

ATGATT is the only way. You will definitely respect the gear and I found myself on my first spirited rides wishing I had pants as well. Jeans or heavy pants would be toast in a slide on concrete in a half a second. Also I have seen videos where leather from gloves gets vaporized when sliding. I had my bike a little over 2 weeks, got 1800 miles under my belt and had a crash. The helmet saved my live and the jacket saved my flesh. It was a low speed crash 5-10 mph but I landed in some sharp grading/shoulder rocks.

The only thing I would say is make sure your helmet is a good lightweight and that the padding and fit stays true. Mine started to lose some of its cushion and I ended up with a concussion from my head smacking inside it. I wish I would have paid the couple of extra hundred dollars for something better now.

Enjoy your bike and you will find yourself hooked in no time. Always look for the long way home, unless you're really tired. :rockon: