Just my luck

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, all week long me and my coworkers have planned a nice road trip for this Monday. Everyone got kitchen passes and we are all set to go. After riding home Friday (with a whole day at work talking about how much we are all looking forward to what may be the last ride of the season) and parking the bike I start do to a little cleaning and maint. on my baby.

Now this is where it gets ugly. As I'm cleaing my chain and rim I notice a shiny piece of metal in my rear tire. I get the spray bottle of water and spray the spot. Yeah, a pissing leak creating bubbles. I'm thinking, it's almost closing for all the bike shops here, no way I'll get a tire on.

Sat. morning comes, I pump it up and gingerly ride over to the bike shop. I made it, spend way more money than planned and left with two new tires. The front was close to the end of its life so I opted to replace it. I wanted BT-021s but they had the rear but not the front in stock. I ended up with another set of BT-016s. The 16s are a bit soft, the 21 would have been better for my type of riding but I didn't want a 21 on the rear and a worn 16 on the front. Just sounds like a bad idea.

Did as much riding as I could to scrub them before tomorrow. At any rate, my travel plans are back on but my wallet is much lighter. Time to go coach basketball.

Check those tires regularly! The pre ride checklist (even after a ride) can save you a great deal of trouble and heartburn.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Look at it this way..... you got all the spring tire maintenance out of the way early. :)

Next spring, all you'll need to do is check the pressure and go.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at it this way..... you got all the spring tire maintenance out of the way early. :)

Next spring, all you'll need to do is check the pressure and go.

Very true. They will be all broken in and dying to grip the pavement in the Spring.