just installed my CF leo vince's today

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i just installed my CF leo vince's today, they went hard to out on, but the metal strap that hold the can, you have to put on this rubber peace so the strap dosent scrath the can was a big pain in the @$$. couldnt get the rubber peace to go on good, it took me a while. then lineing the cans up was kinda a pain to. but all in all it was fairly easy. and they look good:rockon: i thought they were going to be sticking out fare from what ive seen in pics, but they dont realy stick out fare and they look so good on the bike. i took my DB killer out from the start, and their loud!!!!! sound real nice, i am very happy with these cans. sound is sooooooo good! all cars move out of my way now. no pics or write up on the install, Jman did a good job on that. to be honst i didnt even read the directions, they go together easy.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
congrats man... already removed DB killers? I think I heard you from SoCal.

Speaking of which, I also cleaned up my Leos.... check out this thread.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/12006-dingy-exhaust-cleanup-pics.html

thanks i will have to polish mine with that. i am from Nor-cal. took the DB killer at befor i even started the bike for the first time. dont know what they sound like with them in? but i love the way they sound with them out, i will not be puting them back in unless i get a ticket:D i had a cop thinking about it today:eek: but at the end he just left me alone, but i was thinking he was going to pull me over for sure. he was in font of me so i just put the bike in 6th gear going about 35mph and booged it down and it made it alot quieter, then he shifted lane and pulled off the road and put his front wheels facing the road like he was going to pull out behind me. but he just looked at me and didnt move.

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
When I first installed my leo vince's I left the db killers in. Took them out just to hear it and they haven't been in since. I love the sound without them, not too loud really. I have been passed by police, passed police going under the speed limit, and ride past a station everyday and haven't gotten as much as a look. They are great quality cans!

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont think i will be buged by cops, unless they want to be pricks. but i hear louder pipes all the time going down the road. the only thing i seen today was the inside on my cans by the tips have some big scrathes, like when they put in the DB killers? any one els have these? they look and sound amazing. since i have a FE kit i didnt need to use that metal bracket that gose netween the two cans, it seem like it would have been a close fit, and ive heard they kinda rub the cans. so that was a good thing. ill post some pics latter.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking pipes, however I personally don't like the Big Yellow Logo thats plastered on the side of the pipes. Doesn't really match up color wise with the FZ.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
since i hade a FE kit, i had to cut that plastic peace that gose between the cans, it was just hanging their because it wouldnt connect to my FE kit. i need to sand it down a little more to make ie even. the carbon dosent get hot at all. you can ride your bike real hard and touch your pipes and they wont even be that hot.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Irish :thumbup:

I have the alloy Leo's and had the same problem with the plastic bit with both the FE and standard fender and BTW the bracket you didn't use does indeed scratch the pipes ! good idea not using it .

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
i was going to take off the logo, but once i put the cans on my bike i kinda like them, i dont really think they look that bad? anybody know what to clean my carbon fider with?

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
ok heres a up date on my pipes. didnt notice any crazy HP gaing but it dose have a little more power, i notice the power ban is alot smoother now, not so jerky when it hits, but just smooth now with a little more get up. the pipes are alot lounder then most other pipes out their but not louder then the two brothers! they have a way differnt sound then the TB's (my friend has the TB's). but alot of other bike hate me now because they use to pull up to me and rev their bikes when i hade a stock exhaust. and made my bike sound week. well yesterday a had a big group of street bikers come up to me at a stop light and rev their exhaust at me, their was a cbr1000 with micro and a r1 with a yoshie exhaust. after they reved on me i rev my leo's and total drown their bikes out. it was way louder and better sounding then theirs. they got all pissed off gave me the fingure and smoked me:Flip: but they are on 1000cc bikes. so i and riding on the same road still come up about a couple of hundred feet and i see the guy on the R1 laying on the ground with his bike tore into peaces. so i be a good biker and pick up his bike and move it out of the road. he get up and was ok but the bike was done for. and he was still being a prick to me:confused:. they said they were stunters from out of town and they only ride with the best, thats why they smoked my bike:rolleyes: and i told him that wheelie you did suck, it was only about one or two feet high. he said that he was the best at doing wheelies:rolleyes: i just smiled and left

A

Aggietaco

That hurt my brain to read.

Props to you for helping out another biker in need though.