Just got my Bike

scottfarm

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2006 FZ6 with 10,443 miles on it for $2700. It needed tires and I put a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's on it. They roar and whine like hell. Wish I would have got the Continental Road Attacks. Heard rattling in front end and found steering head bearing way loose and snugged it up. This is a great bike and I have rode alot of them. I am a ex BMW Motorcycle Mechanic. Smooth, powerful and light. Exellent fuel milage.

I get some rattle with mine. Its like a "ticking sound" as if there were cards in my spokes like on a little kid bike. Some guy on here said it could be the fuel injector. I have no idea. I just think its as if I were sitting on top of my car engine with no car, just wheels. I can guarantee your car would make funny noises if you were just sitting on its engine, but its not because your in a secluded cage. So I figure its just the same for a bike, and I'm going to ride the piss out of it.

...maybe I'm just being optimistic.

But anyways congratulations. I love my bike. And it sounds like you got a good deal. Just had one small question. How do your tires "whine & roar"?

Last edited:
The first generation Pilot Roads had a roar to them and I would have thought they engineered that out of them. These are worse. I used to run the Metzler Z6 which is a great tire and much quieter.

The first generation Pilot Roads had a roar to them and I would have thought they engineered that out of them. These are worse. I used to run the Metzler Z6 which is a great tire and much quieter.

Just need to speed up a bit so your engine/exhaust drown out the sound :p
Congrats though, sounds like a bargain!

Bullet proof engine. If Valentino Rossi can't blow one up we can't for sure. Nobody can keep up with Yamaha technology in Moto Gp.

I just got my FZ6 this past Monday. I only have 110 miles on it but I absolutely love it.
While I like the looks and I love the performance, I had to get a bike that "fits" me (after multiple surgeries). I'm a big guy and this is the only bike that I've ridden in three years that doesn't hurt me somewhere! I think the FZ6 is a fantastic combination of looks, handling, power, speed, economy and price. (Cheap to insure too!) I have passed by a local Yamaha dealer for years without stopping in. (My mistake!)These folks were super and made me a deal that I could not pass up - on my first visit.

I forgot, it came with a Top Saddlery seat.

You lucky.. (insert expletive here)

Congrats on the new machine!

On tires:
Does that mean the original owner got 10k out of the stock rubber? Impressive. Regarding the PRII's... I'm surprised to hear you mention a roar or whine. I put these on about 5k miles ago and I never noticed a change in the sound. Of course, maybe my stockers were loud too...?

Anyway, congrats on the bike. You'll love it!

Back