Juice Box and Mapping

hurrican3p

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I've got the juice box mod installed and mapped by a pro shop on my 2004 fz6 already.

When it comes to creating a new map to alter bike characteristics is this something only a shop
can do or can I create a map on my own (or download a map from another rider)

thank you

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Without a means to monitor the changes being made, you are at the mercy of the shop.

Unless you have a system that can monitor as you ride. Notice my sig lists a data logger?

I welded a SS O2 bung into the header to hold a wide band O2 sensor. As I ride the logger monitors the load and AFR. Knowing the map going in creating the fueling allows you to adjust that map to obtain a desired tune...
The difference is I do it in the real riding environment vs the shop so I can edit the map with my laptop and compare runs and adjust fueling....

I'll post a pic later...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was this a stupid question?
See post above....

The base map with offsets

M5.FZ6.13.0AFR.NEW08-22.zfm1Post_zpsa8ywf6nu.jpg

Recorded AFR
3rd.AFR.NO-Hard-Runs.Rain.05-18.BM3_zpssuzbwfrj.jpg

1.AFR.40minewCoils_zpsd55y0yjl.jpg

AFR.100mi-1stop_zps1cbh9xvo.jpg

After collecting a few samples and reviewing notes, I make edits to the base map and create a new map. The goal being a 13.0:1 AFR above 20% throttle. AFR is lower below 20% throttle to absorb the load of take off. It is something to tinker with and so far the results have been good! Also, the higher AFR at low or near closed throttle are a result of the conditions, not the map. No load on the engine so its seeing a lean condition which is not a concern.

JJD952 Tuning Bazzaz

hurrican3p

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the awesome reply, I think this is clearly above my pay grade.

I'll read the post again in 10 years once I'm done with my PHD in Bikes

:Flash: