Jtarkany Inspiration FZ6 Exhaust Mod

hrheim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hail to the man how set me on this track!
Check this out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsoXDnosjcQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsoXDnosjcQ[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Are they hanging off the headers? My planned winter project was to go single like the 600rr. Ditch the cat and about 6 pounds of pipe and muffler. The set up shown looks even lighter. I could care less what it sounds like I just want to lose some more weight.:cheer:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
That is very cool... Well done sir!

What swing arm is this? A little more info on the whole project would be nice.

hrheim

Reaction score
Visit site
ok here we go: Swingarm and shock are from an R6, subframe has been cut and refitted to mount the electrics,new side supports have been welded on, seat has been cut and will be remounted. The exhaust is an R6 collector cut and refiitted with two mufflers to mount below the oilpan...complete rearsets from an R1 fitted and mounted.
Next up will be the install of an R1 frontend......

Last edited:

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks cool. I have a genuine question about the placement of the exhaust. Will that do anything funky to the rear tire? Would the excess heat on it or sute from the exhaust on it cause any issues? Just wondering. Love the look and it sounds nasty!

hrheim

Reaction score
Visit site
sAUrtUvZZOccRScbxJuLe3t0rvCSi3Yf0pr0vy1bD3E=w913-h685

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, man!

I've had the R6 swing arm, rear susp., rear brake, new top clamp, and clip-ones for like a year, but I haven't started my conversion cuz I don't have a welder. Haha, I'm also planning on going with a 7in round up front, so it's necessary to see another.

How did you work out your suspension mounts?

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those the stock FZ headers or did you go with a set off of an R6 (S) like Jtarkney used?

Dimensions of the glasspacks?

I've had a janky glasspack hidden under my seat, sounds a bit too much like a riceburner for my taste but I figure if I split it and made them larger it would sound throatier. This winter started to do a similar seat chop to what you pulled off and am trying to figure out what to do with the exhaust. Routing underneath was my thoughts, so any detailed(or undetailed) dimensions/descriptions would be awesome.

Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ok here we go: Swingarm and shock are from an R6, subframe has been cut and refitted to mount the electrics,new side supports have been welded on, seat has been cut and will be remounted. The exhaust is an R6 collector cut and refiitted with two mufflers to mount below the oilpan...complete rearsets from an R1 fitted and mounted.
Next up will be the install of an R1 frontend......

OK - truth be told, I've been eye balling rear sets for R6 and R1 as the spacing looks pretty close to ours.

Can you go into any detail about what those are from and did they bolt straight up spacing wise to our frame?

Thanks!

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
great looking bike!

OK - truth be told, I've been eye balling rear sets for R6 and R1 as the spacing looks pretty close to ours.

Can you go into any detail about what those are from and did they bolt straight up spacing wise to our frame?

Thanks!

ive done it, they are slightly bigger just crush them in a vice :) sounds iffy but its works fine