Job Hunting in Down Economy

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I am probably not the only one looking for work right now, but MAN, is it tough out there?!?!

I know I am not local to any of you, and I am trying to not relocate, but is anyone, or is anyone's company, hiring a telecommuter? I am pretty smart and can figure out most programs that I haven't had experience with as far as editing and stuff go.

I prefer not to be on the phone all day, but will gladly do any computer based tasks, even if they seem menial.

Anything available?

I hear you!!

I'm in the same boat at the moment, I left work in 2007 to go back to uni full time, If I had known what was going to happen I maybe would have stayed, since finishing uni this summer, I have applied for all types of job (nearing the 250 mark now since January) vetting my CV for each one, with only 7 companies replying so far, and all of them rejections :(

I'm not bothered where I work as I have no ties, so I'm applying all over the country, and even Internationally, using my recent uni qualifications and my mechanics qualifications.

So if anyone has a shop and needs a qualified mechanic....... :thumbup:

I'm down below you here in Framingham / Cambridge. I tried HARD to get 'ol Less a job back 4 or 5 months ago, but because he wasn't from our industry I couldn't really get any traction. We have sooooo many people applying for jobs who have laser-targeted experience right where the bosses want it, that anyone else doesn't stand much of a chance. We're not even hiring a lot, just a few here and there, which makes it worse.

My condolences, and hang in there. It has happened to me in the past. Twasn't fun.

Gosh, I need a job so bad.

even worse in here,CA.

have been looking for jobs about a month now....

Back