Job Hunting in Down Economy

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I am probably not the only one looking for work right now, but MAN, is it tough out there?!?!

I know I am not local to any of you, and I am trying to not relocate, but is anyone, or is anyone's company, hiring a telecommuter? I am pretty smart and can figure out most programs that I haven't had experience with as far as editing and stuff go.

I prefer not to be on the phone all day, but will gladly do any computer based tasks, even if they seem menial.

Anything available?

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you!!

I'm in the same boat at the moment, I left work in 2007 to go back to uni full time, If I had known what was going to happen I maybe would have stayed, since finishing uni this summer, I have applied for all types of job (nearing the 250 mark now since January) vetting my CV for each one, with only 7 companies replying so far, and all of them rejections :(

I'm not bothered where I work as I have no ties, so I'm applying all over the country, and even Internationally, using my recent uni qualifications and my mechanics qualifications.

So if anyone has a shop and needs a qualified mechanic....... :thumbup:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm down below you here in Framingham / Cambridge. I tried HARD to get 'ol Less a job back 4 or 5 months ago, but because he wasn't from our industry I couldn't really get any traction. We have sooooo many people applying for jobs who have laser-targeted experience right where the bosses want it, that anyone else doesn't stand much of a chance. We're not even hiring a lot, just a few here and there, which makes it worse.

My condolences, and hang in there. It has happened to me in the past. Twasn't fun.

sos9394

Reaction score
Visit site
Gosh, I need a job so bad.

even worse in here,CA.

have been looking for jobs about a month now....