jet ski parts on my fz. This is just getting too fun

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I don't have all my parts in yet. and my bike looks like something from junkyard wars from 4 feet away. but from about 10 feet... well you be the judge
I didn't get a picture before i started cutting the jet ski front cowl. Its basically the piece that goes on the very front, the piece you lift up to get to the cargo area. Not sure what model it came off of. I just know its from a Kaw jet ski.
IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

I still have a quite few more mods to do. I'm soon to be installing a very nice looking fastest blue front cowling. it's basically in primer at the moment. The HUGE screws are not permanent. However they anchored very well and the hole diameter should be perfect for the rubber popit nuts (like whats on your windshield) I need to do just a bit more trimming here and there but for no more effort than it took (almost exactly 1 hour) I am STOKED with the outcome!! It's Making me want a new bike less and less every time i step back to see what I've done! The 48 tooth sprocket I'm waiting on may just be the final straw :D

heres an older pic to give you an idea of what I had before
04-10-10_1435.jpg

Last edited:

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, it looks like you've really been busy fabbing up parts. I applaud all the effort and custom DIY on this project!! It's looking good so far, definitely a cool exhaust you have going there; what are you thinking for the rear turns, tucking them up underneath? I'm sure it'll be sweet once everything is all cleaned up and matched.

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, it looks like you've really been busy fabbing up parts. I applaud all the effort and custom DIY on this project!! It's looking good so far, definitely a cool exhaust you have going there; what are you thinking for the rear turns, tucking them up underneath? I'm sure it'll be sweet once everything is all cleaned up and matched.

I did order a license mount that has provisions for mounting blinkers on either side of it but to be honest I haven't made any major decisions on how I want all of that done.
I would like to find a way to make blinkers a part of the gap that is inevitable in between the front of the new fiberglass part and the gap left by the r-1 fairing. (to get an idea of what I am talking about, the final picture shows it, where the blinker was mounted up.) I try a LOT of trial and error. this bike has been so many things that I've never taken pictures of, lol.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
not too shabby.... but.... without looking at your profile or license plate, I knew this had to be Arkansas. Using Ricer mufflers and cutting up a Jet ski for fiberglass.... that just HAS to be redneck ingenuity. :BLAA: :thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am from Illinois, currently living in Misery..... Arkansas has some darn good motorcycle roads, just gotta listen for the banjos! "Squeal like a pig boy!"